Author Topic: Bike stolen during day in village  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Saintm

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Bike stolen during day in village
« on: June 11, 2015, 10:15:15 pm »
my mountain bike (blue and sadly quite expensive) was stolen from the village today (Thursday) between 6am and 6pm. Parked near the pub and locked with two high quality locks on the bike racks. 2 weeks ago someone tried to steal it from the train station bike park, thus I started to leave it in the village. If you saw anything please contact the please. Clearly we don't live in a safe environment

Offline Purrfect

• Forum Member
Re: Bike stolen during day in village
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 12:20:17 am »
Sorry to hear about that Saintm. Perhaps you can enquire whether any of the shops or pub have some CCTV footage? Portable power tools must have been used to grind/cut through your high quality locks and it's hard to believe that nobody saw or heard anything suspicious!

Years ago, I used the lockable station bike shed which seemed secure but fell into disrepair and unfortunately has never been replaced - I certainly wouldn't leave any bike worth over 50 in the outside bike racks. The shed was popular and I presume that most of those commuters now drive and park around the village; together with starting to charge for the car park, the rail company appear to be largely responsible for the current parking chaos!

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 08:05:31 am »
my mountain bike (blue and sadly quite expensive) was stolen from the village today (Thursday) between 6am and 6pm. Parked near the pub and locked with two high quality locks on the bike racks. 2 weeks ago someone tried to steal it from the train station bike park, thus I started to leave it in the village. If you saw anything please contact the please. Clearly we don't live in a safe environment

Did you take a picture of your bike before it was stolen? If so, could you share it here then I can tweet it and put it on the site's Facebook page. You never know, it might result in some information.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline milkmade

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 06:43:01 pm »
I noticed a large gray "Workman's van" parked outside "Charlies Valet" yesterday, about 10.30am.  Sorry I haven't taken more notice than that.  This would have probably have contained cutting tools

Offline Saintm

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 10:34:48 am »
Thanks all - the police are looking into it right now and think there is footage. Sadly I don't have a picture of it.  Will let you know if the police catch them. Thanks

Tags: