Author Topic: Brookmans Park Village not as 'pretty' as it might be  (Read 4512 times)

Offline Alex

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
Brookmans Park Village not as 'pretty' as it might be
« on: June 02, 2015, 10:43:30 am »
We have a village that serves the community well and it is pleasing that all (or most) of the shops are in business, supplying our needs.
I have spent some time browsing around, and if you take time to look, the village is not as "pretty" as it might be? The state of some of the shops externally, and the flats above, are really quite tatty.
I realise of course, that some are leased and you could argue that the landlord is responsible, I would suggest though that a can(s) of paint ,a little effort and pride is all that is required to make significant improvements.
There are villages around the country that enter "well kept village competitions", perhaps this is something we might consider?
I'm sure a number of us would engage and help?
Just a thought on this dreary Tuesday morning!!

Alex

Offline larrylamb

• Forum Member
Re: Brookmans Park Village not as 'pretty' as it might be
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 01:11:01 pm »
We have a village that serves the community well and it is pleasing that all (or most) of the shops are in business, supplying our needs.
I have spent some time browsing around, and if you take time to look, the village is not as "pretty" as it might be? The state of some of the shops externally, and the flats above, are really quite tatty.
I realise of course, that some are leased and you could argue that the landlord is responsible, I would suggest though that a can(s) of paint ,a little effort and pride is all that is required to make significant improvements.
There are villages around the country that enter "well kept village competitions", perhaps this is something we might consider?
I'm sure a number of us would engage and help?
Just a thought on this dreary Tuesday morning!!

Alex
Ive often felt that the village could do with a little TLC, just weeding, edging the grass and a proper sweep up would make a huge difference.

Problem is that those who see it and want to make a difference are in the minority.

I never understand the mentality of those who pressure wash their drives and are happy to leave the accumulated debris on the road outside their homes! and regard that as acceptable.

Unfortunately we have those who will redouble there efforts to spoil often the good that people go out of there way to create.

I would put my name down if we could muster a working party to do some basic maintenance.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 05:52:21 pm »
Is it really that bad? I walked down to do some shopping today and took a fresh look having read this post. I think many people have made a real effort to make the place look nice.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Bedlam

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 09:06:25 pm »
The height restrictors to the station car park are always left wideopen by Network Rail contractors

Offline larrylamb

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 09:18:53 pm »
Is it really that bad? I walked down to do some shopping today and took a fresh look having read this post. I think many people have made a real effort to make the place look nice.
Not saying the village is untidy just that there is room for improvement. by comparison to other villages I have seen ours is something we can all be very proud of.

Offline Alex

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 10:02:21 pm »
Spot on !
Its not bad Editor. But it can improve, thats all we are saying . Why not?

Offline Bedlam

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 07:22:23 pm »
Some of the local village houses/flats have old furniture/rubbish/packaging discarded in front and back gardens and are very unsightly.
My previous post highlighting the area concerned was deleted by Admin Controller due to a technicality as it somehow infringed residents feelings, albeit the offenders, again the meek are punished, not the offenders, ho hum.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 08:43:54 pm by Editor »

Offline Bedlam

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 07:31:36 pm »
Not deleted by Admin yet...... :mblah05:

Offline Bedlam

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 07:32:23 pm »
But give it time..... ???

Offline Bedlam

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 07:36:25 pm »
 If so, will Admin delete my Not Deleted Yet or Give it Time posts as well as my other post???

Tags: