Author Topic: Targeted campaign speeding Global road safety week.  (Read 1446 times)

Offline William McCaskie

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
  • Expertises:
  • Police Community Support Officer
Targeted campaign speeding Global road safety week.
« on: May 15, 2015, 06:44:08 pm »
Residents. I know we are already 15 days into May but I thought I should bring this to your attention as I have been of sick for a couple of weeks. This is a national campaign supported by all forces in England and wales.The focus for this month’s THINK! campaign will be speed.
Throughout May the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit will be out in force targeting those who speed.
Speed continues to be one of the main factors in serious and fatal collisions.
Insp Mark Rogers said: “Those who speed put not only their own lives at risk but also the lives of others.
“The faster you drive the less time you have to react. Speed remains one of the biggest factors in fatal collisions.
“Throughout May we will carry out targeted patrols to enforce speed limits.
“I would urge anyone who drives to help us protect road users by reducing your speed and driving to the conditions of the roads.”
Communications activity will take place throughout May focusing on:
Saving children’s lives as part of Global Road Safety Week by reducing speeding.
Driving to the conditions of the roads.
Arriving alive.
William McCaskie
Hatfield south
safer neighbourhood team
Hatfield police station
Comet Way
Hatfield AL10 9SJ

Offline larrylamb

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
Re: Targeted campaign speeding Global road safety week.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 11:40:33 am »
This is very welcome - please dont forget the smaller roads where it is perceived there is less traffic and pedestrians have no pavements.

I hope you catch and prosecute as many as possible, and target the selfish insidious imbecciles who text and use hand held mobiles whilst driving. Spend an hour on GWR and the revenue from the tickets issued would wipe out the GB deficit!

Tags: