Author Topic: Slow loading  (Read 3018 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Slow loading
« on: January 24, 2005, 11:51:24 am »
The site has been slow to load recently. I am not sure why. If any users are experts in code and spot any errors in the tables (particularly in the right hand column) could you please mail me any suggestions through the feedback form please?

http://www.brookmans.com/contact.php

Thanks
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline CarolineB

• Opinions on some things
Re: Slow loading
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 01:37:44 pm »
I agree that something doesn't seem quite right. The various topics are indeed slow loading, even on my broadband, and today the site was partially down for about 6 minutes - the main window remained open but topics would not load and showed a sign indicating no connection could be made.

I am not a technophile, but this is another observation.

Caroline
Caroline

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 05:27:33 pm »
Thanks Caroline, and thanks to the others for the suggestions mailed to the site.

I think we are getting to the bottom of this. The Positive Internet Company (who host this site) said there have been some email spam attacks on the server recently which increased load. They are tackling the problem and things should return to normal when that work is complete.

So I guess the best thing to do is log on, go and put the kettle on, make a cup of tea, and by the time you get back the site should be visible.

;)

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 10:04:35 pm »
I have restored the normal front page because our test page seemed to be loading faster. However, as soon as I did it slowed down again.

I'll leave it up for a few hours, but if it goes slow again we will revert to the emergency front page until we can come up with a better solution.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 08:31:01 am »
I'm afraid I've had to replace the emergency front page because the site was slow in loading again. Apologies.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 10:10:16 am »
I just wanted to say a public thanks to the team at Positive Internet (who host this site) for their tireless efforts to sort out the speed problem (which is due, in part, to repeated spam attacks on the server). Thanks to Jake, the two Nicks, Jason, and all the other Positive support staff for all their efforts.

:)

David

Tags: