Author Topic: Foxes Lane\Byway between Welham Green station and Bulls Lane  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Local Walker

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
Foxes Lane\Byway between Welham Green station and Bulls Lane
« on: April 11, 2015, 07:13:34 pm »
I did a walk with a friend recently from Welham Green station down the byway to the left of the station that runs down to Bulls Lane. Not long after we found it was already impassable with many ponds where the path should be and so we had to stroll onto nearby fields in order to get around them. Does anyone know what could be done to improve the situation?

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
Re: Foxes Lane\Byway between Welham Green station and Bulls Lane
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 07:24:59 pm »
I'll drop you a PM with the email address of the person you need to speak to at the county council, but they are aware of the situation. In the latest update (March 2015) on that particular BOAT she said

'I had hoped to create a raised surfaced path alongside the water on Foxes Lane for walkers & cyclists, leaving the water section of the lane for horse riders, motorbikes & 4x4ís, but the HCC Flood Risk Management Team had concerns about this due flooding on nearby properties. Therefore as an interim measure I only cleared scrub from the higher ground at the edge of the lane. The route is usable on foot in most places, but I am guessing that even this section is now under water.'

James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Tags: