Author Topic: Disabled parking bays and yellow lines.  (Read 1877 times)

Offline William McCaskie

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
  • Expertises:
  • Police Community Support Officer
Disabled parking bays and yellow lines.
« on: April 10, 2015, 04:36:02 pm »
I believe there are two disabled parking bays on Bradmore Green Brookmans park , one outside the dog groomers and one outside the Co-Op. I have noticed a number of vehicles parking in these bays and failing to display a blue badge. I spoke to one driver today to remind him it was a disabled bay and his reply was no one was parked in the space and he would only be a couple of minutes. No one who was disabled would be able to park there if he had parked in the spot. Blue badge holders need these spaces to access the shops and have the right to park in these spaces. I know spaces can be short but it does not give able bodied drivers the right to take these spaces.
I have also noticed vehicles parked on the corners of junctions with double yellow lines marked out. The Yellow lines are on the corners to stop people blocking the junctions for other road users. I am just popping into the shop or post office is not a valid excuse.
William McCaskie
Hatfield south
safer neighbourhood team
Hatfield police station
Comet Way
Hatfield AL10 9SJ

Offline Bedlam

• Opinions on many things
Re: Disabled parking bays and yellow lines.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 10:41:00 pm »
IIRC PCSO's cannot issue' parking tickets' otherwise you rightly would have in these cases.

Offline Mr Green

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
  • Expertises:
  • Teacher
Re: Disabled parking bays and yellow lines.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 08:24:46 am »
IIRC PCSO's cannot issue' parking tickets' otherwise you rightly would have in these cases.

At a push, if a person persistently parks in such a designated space you could argue a case of anti-social behaviour (so long as there is a likelihood that blue badge holders would be distressed). PCSOs do have the power to deal with this, they can require the person details (offence not to provide) and obtain an anti-social behaviour order.

Tags: