Author Topic: Police warning about suspect landscape garden company  (Read 2348 times)

Offline William McCaskie

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
  • Expertises:
  • Police Community Support Officer
Police warning about suspect landscape garden company
« on: March 06, 2015, 06:27:26 pm »
Today on patrol in MYMMS DRIVE I have stopped a male delivering flyers for a landscape garden company. On checking his leaflet I have seen that the number supplied is an 0800 number and a mobile. The leaflet also says that they are your local experts but then goes on to say that a 10% discount will apply while in your area. I have asked to see his waste carriers licence and a receipt for any work carried out  that he would give to a customer, none of which he could supply.
The company named are not local and come from outside Hertfordshire. I would suggest that if you require gardening services  you will be spoilt for choice with the number of companies who  work around the village all year round. If your neighbour is having gardening work done ask them what the service is like, and would they recommend the company.
Please remember a cheap price does not mean a good service and its highly likely that your garden waste will be fly tipped around the village.
Words of advice were given to the gentlemen and I informed him I would be looking out for him around the village.   
William McCaskie
Hatfield south
safer neighbourhood team
Hatfield police station
Comet Way
Hatfield AL10 9SJ

Offline Adrian

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Re: Police warning about suspect landscape garden company
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 10:37:38 pm »
Good work Bill, I've read between every line you've written and I'm with you all the way.

Offline Bedlam

• Opinions on many things
Re: Police warning about suspect landscape garden company
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 09:19:07 pm »
Good work Bill, I've read between every line you've written and I'm with you all the way.
Seconded

Tags: