Linked Events

• Brookmans Park Village Day 2015: June 13, 2015

Author Topic: Brookmans Park Village Day SATURDAY 13th JUNE 2015  (Read 15966 times)

Offline Helen

• Opinions on many things
Brookmans Park Village Day SATURDAY 13th JUNE 2015
« on: March 04, 2015, 10:44:19 am »
We're delighted to announced that this year's Village Day will be on Saturday 13th June and the theme is 'Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside'!

As ever, we are looking for prizes for our auction or raffle (we will give your business lots of publicity in return) and we are also now taking stall bookings. Please find details attached.

We are once again putting together our Village Day Programme, which will be A5 in size and in full colour. We have a few spaces left for quarter or half page adverts at just 20 or 30 respectively. If you're interested in advertising your business please email us at villagedaycommittee [at] gmail [dot] com (changed because of spammers) and spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis. If you would like to advertise but do not have an advert we can use, then for an additional 10 we can design one for you.

Thank you for your support.

Village Day Committee 2015
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:14:38 pm by Editor »

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Brookmans Park Village Day SATURDAY 13th JUNE 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 12:13:49 pm »
We're delighted to announced that this year's Village Day will be on Saturday 13th June and the theme is 'Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside'!

Hi Helen,

I have added the date to the site's calendar, uploaded the pdf and embedded (below).

David

<a href="http://www.brookmans.com/pdfs/19313Auction%20Stall%20initial%20request%202015.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.brookmans.com/pdfs/19313Auction%20Stall%20initial%20request%202015.pdf</a>
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Helen

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 12:18:21 pm »
Thanks David - you saved me a job with the calendar & as for embedding, I'm not sure how to do that!

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 12:42:01 pm »
Thanks David - you saved me a job with the calendar & as for embedding, I'm not sure how to do that!

Hi Helen, the pdfs need to be online to embed. I have access to a server, so it's easy for me. Once they are online you just use the pdf icon above the message panel. It looks like this.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Helen

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 02:55:55 pm »
Thanks David - I'll do that in future.

Offline Helen

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 07:41:44 pm »
We're putting together the final preparations for this year's seaside-themed Village Day and will soon be ready to announce the auction items that will be up for grabs.

As well as our fantastic raffle, we have two auctions again this year - an on-line auction which will go live within the next week or two and run up to the week before Village Day, plus our ever-popular live auction, which will take place next to the bar at 3pm on the day. Full details of both the auctions and the raffle will follow in due course, but in the meantime if you are able to provide a prize then we can provide the publicity! We've had some wonderful items already from both local businesses and private individuals and, as ever, we appreciate your generosity.

If you would like to donate, please either message me or contact us via the email in the poster below.

For more info please take a look at our website: http://www.brookmansparkpta.com/village-day

Thank you,

Helen

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0qptd4QJl9MRko3RURkMWszTm8/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:21:04 pm by Angel »

Offline Helen

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 07:44:04 pm »
Hmm, I just tried to embed our poster using a link from google drive but it doesn't appear to have worked - do one of you lovely administrators mind sorting it out for me? Sorry & thanks!

Offline hilarycarlen

• Mother Hen
  • Opinions on some things
  • The secret of life is compost.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 09:28:16 pm »
The sign on the board on the way into the village is very nice too. 

Offline Helen

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 10:05:07 pm »
Thanks Hilary. I haven't seen it myself yet.

Offline Helen

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 10:43:18 am »
We're wondering if anyone can help us to source some deckchairs for our seaside themed Village Day. We only need half a dozen or so & second-hand is fine! If you think you can help please message me or email me at villagedaycommittee[at]gmail[dot]com.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 12:52:56 pm by Helen »

Offline Helen

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 09:41:26 pm »
Our online auction is now open! It closes at 10pm on Monday 8th June - we have some fantastic items up for grabs so come and bag yourself a bargain.

Below is a list of the prizes on offer with details of how the bidding works - you can also click on the link below to view them online.

https://auctionofpromises.com/VillageDay2015

Please note that we are still awaiting information on two of the prizes but we will update the website as soon as this becomes available.

Thank you as always to all our generous donors!

2015 Village Day Committee

<a href="http://www.brookmans.com/pdfs/Online%20Auction%202015.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.brookmans.com/pdfs/Online%20Auction%202015.pdf</a>
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:49:23 pm by Editor »

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 09:49:55 pm »
Hi Helen,

I edited your post to embed the pdf and tidy up the code.

David

Offline Helen

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 09:50:45 pm »
Thanks Dave.

Offline Helen

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 06:25:09 pm »
We have a new lot up for grabs in our online auction - an ASUS MeMO Pad tablet donated by a very generous parent! Take a look at the items on offer here:
[/size]https://auctionofpromises.com/VillageDay2015

Thanks![/size]

Offline Helen

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 11:02:50 am »
Our Online Auction bid total currently stands at 596, so we are over halfway towards our 1,000 target! Thank you to everyone who has bid - take a look at some of our new items here:

Don't forget, bidding closes at 10pm on Monday 8th June.

Thanks for your support.

Helen

Offline Helen

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 11:47:41 am »

Our pre-Village Day On-line Auction closes tonight at 10pm if you still wish to bid. We've lowered the starting bids on some of our lots so it might be worth taking another look!

You don't have to wait until 9.59pm to place your bid as you will recive email notification if someone outbids you.

Thanks as ever for your support.

Offline Helen

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 10:47:27 pm »
Thanks to everyone who either donated towards or bid in our online auction - we raised 1,244.50.

Our Live Auction takes place during Village Day, at 3pm near the bar. There are some fabulous prizes up for grabs including a last-minute addition - a signed Spurs football shirt (thanks Gary!). The Brookmans (who are once again generously donating their time and expertise on our bar) are giving away the chance to be a chef for the day and there are many other sporting and recreational lots to be won. Please see our full list below.

We hope to see you there from 1pm on Saturday - come rain or shine!

Offline Helen

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2015, 07:43:56 am »
It's Village Day today so don't be put off by the weather - we have every hope that it will get better as the day wears on! Whatever the weather, come & join us - gates open at 1pm.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 07:51:47 pm »
Video and slide show from Village Day 2015, embeds taken from The Brookmans Park Newsletter Facebook page.

Mark Abrahams - Some Snaps from The Brilliantly Organised... | Facebook

Offline Helen

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 11:19:54 pm »
A rather belated thank you to everyone who braved the drizzle to come to Village Day last month. The money has almost finished trickling in and we were delighted to raise over 12,500 in spite of the disappointing weather. Photos are available to view here https://flic.kr/s/aHskgzE9F8 and in due course we'll get round to adding a page to the Gallery.

Thanks again for your support - all money raised will be used to enrich the school's educational environment.

Helen

Tags: