Author Topic: Ageism and offensive comments  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Ageism and offensive comments
« on: March 02, 2015, 08:48:52 am »
There have been a few offensive ageist comments in the Brookmans Park Housing and the WHC Local Plan thread recently.

This site is for local residents of all ages and all circumstances. Locals, both young and a bit older, play an important part in the community - many volunteering their time and effort to share their skills and knowledge for the benefit of all.

The moderators will take action to remove offensive comments or posts. I am going to go through the comments and remove those which have caused offence.

If you have responded to or quoted an offensive comment (but have not made offensive comments) I am afraid those posts will be edited, too.

Apologies in advance.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

John_fraser

Re: Ageism and offensive comments
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 09:13:51 am »
Aren't you being a little over sensitive? While I don't agree with the comments, weren't they just saying over 70s have too much say on green belt policy?

Offline epiphany

• Opinions on most things
Re: Ageism and offensive comments
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 09:27:57 am »

Aren't you being a little over sensitive? While I don't agree with the comments, weren't they just saying over 70s have to much say on green belt policy?

It is the Government who decide on Green Belt Policy, and that policy is clearly explained here -

http://planningguidance.planningportal.gov.uk/blog/guidance/housing-and-economic-land-availability-assessment/stage-5-final-evidence-base/#paragraph_044

Tags: