Author Topic: Side gates insecurity.  (Read 1063 times)

Offline William McCaskie

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
  • Expertises:
  • Police Community Support Officer
Side gates insecurity.
« on: February 19, 2015, 06:40:25 pm »
It has come to my attention on patrols around the village this week that a number of gates at the side of property's are either being left open or unsecured. This is one of the most vulnerable entry points to the rear of your house. Not many burglars will attempt to enter a home through the front door in a village location. They much prefer to get to the back of the house where they cant be seen.
I would recommend a gate that is a minimum 5ft tall with a lock and bolt on the inside half way down so it cant be reached leaning over the top, with an anti burglar strip on top of the gate.The gate should be at the front of the property not right at the back where the offender cant be seen from the road.
Please do not leave your recycling bins in front of the gate or you could be assisting an offender to climb over.
I am also still finding garage doors left open with valuable items left on full display. Your insurance company will not pay out if you have left your property in view. Think how much your golf clubs have cost you and the mountain bikes you have brought for yourselves and the kids. 
William McCaskie
Hatfield south
safer neighbourhood team
Hatfield police station
Comet Way
Hatfield AL10 9SJ

Tags: