Author Topic: Repairs to Holloways Lane  (Read 1791 times)

Offline chicken legs

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
Repairs to Holloways Lane
« on: November 13, 2014, 10:22:51 pm »
Many thanks to our Herts CC Councillor, Paul Zukoswki, who used part of his Locality Budget to pay for the urgently required repairs to Holloways Lane.

Offline elephant

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Re: Repairs to Holloways Lane
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 09:11:40 am »
Hi Chicken Legs - good to learn that the Councillor spent some money - but while it might be his budget, its not his money - the money comes from us all. Moreover, why should someone be congratulated for fixing something that was obviously so in need of repair? Are they not just doing their job? Perhaps I'm missing something here! E.

Offline sasquartch

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
Re: Repairs to Holloways Lane
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 10:25:08 am »
Hi Chicken Legs - good to learn that the Councillor spent some money - but while it might be his budget, its not his money - the money comes from us all. Moreover, why should someone be congratulated for fixing something that was obviously so in need of repair? Are they not just doing their job? Perhaps I'm missing something here! E.

My thinking too.

Yes, it's great he's used his influence to get things done but the reality is it should have been repaired at least a year ago - surely HCC or whoever are responsible for local roads should never have allowed it to get into the condition it was in.

Tags: