Author Topic: Union of South Africa at Brookmans Park Station  (Read 1815 times)

Offline sgoldswo

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Union of South Africa at Brookmans Park Station
« on: October 27, 2014, 02:07:29 pm »
Headed down to the Station early on Saturday morning to watch the Class A4 (Mallard Type) Steam Locomotive "Union of South Africa" pass through the Station on its way to Newcastle upon Tyne.

Requiem Approaching by sgoldswo, on Flickr

We thought at first an East Coast Service would pull in front of it as it passed through the station, but luckily the East Coast Train came through more quickly and the only impact was the Union of SA passing by on platform 4 (the commuter platform) rather than platform 3. I was glad I had my 70-200mm zoom lens on my camera though.

_DSC0108_00007-Edit.jpg by sgoldswo, on Flickr

It was a really magnificent sight and well worth getting up early for.  :)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Union of South Africa at Brookmans Park Station
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 02:23:34 pm »
Great pics. I particularly like the black and white one. Thanks for sharing. Have tweeted so more can enjoy.  :)

The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline sgoldswo

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Re: Union of South Africa at Brookmans Park Station
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 10:29:25 am »
Thanks David.

Just to say that I've written a blog post on this topic which includes a few more photos and a video of Union of SA passing through Brookmans Park Station (courtesy of another kind enthusiast).

http://wp.me/p2wMAg-DP

Tags: