Author Topic: Pin your old pictures of North Mymms online to map local history  (Read 4867 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Pin your old pictures of North Mymms online to map local history
« on: September 05, 2014, 07:45:27 am »
Have you got any old pictures of Hertfordshire that you are willing to share? If you have, the Hertfordshire on the Map project wants you to pin them online and add any stories behind the images. The project, to try to map Hertfordshireís past, is being run by the Heritage Hub at the University of Hertfordshire, and Hertfordshire Archives & Local Studies (HALS).

Note: Historypin has been developed by the not-for-profit company We Are What We Do, in partnership with Google.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 07:32:15 am by David Brewer »
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

LBN01

Re: Pin your old pictures of North Mymms online to map local history
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 09:50:18 am »
I have just unearthed some old postcards of BP in the loft of the house we have recently moved into. Will upload them to the site.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 10:12:39 am »
I have just unearthed some old postcards of BP in the loft of the house we have recently moved into. Will upload them to the site.

That would be great, and please share them here, too.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

LBN01

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 10:54:15 pm »
Here are scans of the postcards, 5 in total, of Bradmore Green, Brookmans Park Hotel, Brookmans Avenue and Gobians [sic] Lake. They are pdfs but might need embedding to make them easier to see?

I've also tagged on three more of Hatfield House, Hatfield and the  QEII in WGC.

I hope these are of interest, especially to those who have lived in BP a bit longer than us (though we're fascinated by the history of the place too)!

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 06:39:29 am »
Here are scans of the postcards, 5 in total, of Bradmore Green, Brookmans Park Hotel, Brookmans Avenue and Gobians [sic] Lake. They are pdfs but might need embedding to make them easier to see?

Hi LBN01,

Thanks for sharing. I have embedded the postcards below.

<a href="http://www.brookmans.com/pdfs/68083BP%20Postcards.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.brookmans.com/pdfs/68083BP%20Postcards.pdf</a>

David

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 02:47:33 pm »
I hope these are of interest, especially to those who have lived in BP a bit longer than us (though we're fascinated by the history of the place too)!

Hi LBN01, @HertsArchives has offered to house them for you as part of the county's history archive. See below. David

LBN01

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 03:52:16 pm »
Thanks for passing this on David. I need to start following on Twitter too to keep up!

Someone with a collection of material on North Mymms has already asked for the Brookmans Avenue postcard, but I'm more than happy to deposit the others. I'll contact the archives via Twitter as I think that's probably going to be easiest.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 05:19:59 pm »
Twitter is so good for connecting people and getting things done.

:)

Tags: