Author Topic: Walkers - New Feature - Comment box added to all walks pages  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Walkers - New Feature - Comment box added to all walks pages
« on: February 22, 2014, 08:08:54 am »
New feature for local walkers

Note to all those who are working their way through the 32 short and long local walks on this site - all free to download.

I have added a comment box to every walk so that you can share your tips, suggestions or just let others know whether you enjoyed it or not. You can also point out any errors in my text, too.    :)

This feature was added following a suggestion from a local resident and forum member sent in by email. 

It would be great if all the regular walkers - and I know there are loads because we keep meeting people carrying print-outs of the maps and directions from this site - added their comments after each walk.

To comment you need to log on. You can use Facebook, Twitter, Google, or, if you don't have those accounts, you can register for a free Disqus account and post using that.

Below is a screen grab of how it looks. You will see the log on options. You will also see that, once you have made a comment, you can share that comment on your own Facebook or Twitter account if you have them. This has the benefit of taking your comments and the discussion about the walk you have just done over to your own preferred social media account. So those who use Facebook and want to share their walking experiences with their chums just need to comment on this site after logging in with Facebook, share the comment to Facebook and the comment and a link to the walk will appear in your timeline as a status update.

Eventually, I will merge this post/thread with the existing thread entitled Short and long walks in the local countryside, but for now I wanted to publicise this new feature so that people can start to use it.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Walkers - New Feature - Comment box added to all walks pages
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 08:24:19 am »
I forgot to add.

You can also share any comments others make to your social media space and you can flag any messages you feel are inappropriate to alert us so that we can remove them (that would be a great help), please see the top two screen grabs below. AND, you see us on the walk please say hi (see third screen grab below).
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Tags: