Linked Events

• Brookmans Park School PTA FUN RUN: October 06, 2013

Author Topic: Brookmans Park School PTA FUN RUN Sunday 6th October  (Read 5830 times)

Offline Helen

• Opinions on many things
Brookmans Park School PTA FUN RUN Sunday 6th October
« on: July 24, 2013, 12:38:54 pm »
Brookmans Park School PTA will be hosting its 3rd annual Fun Run on Sunday 6th October!    :D :D :D

There will be a 5k or 10k run for those more serious runners, preceded by a '1 mile dash' for children under 12. Details can be found by clicking the following link https://sites.google.com/site/brookmansparkrun/. Routes are being planned but as soon as we have more information we will post it on here.

The children's run will be free but we will be trying to raise money for a local charity (this will be chosen by the School Council in Sept) so would ask that the children try to get as much sponsorship money as possible over the summer holidays. The 5k & 10k run costs 10 to reserve a number.

Registration & sponsorship forms are available online. Anyone can enter, not just schoolchildren & parents, & runners of all abilities are welcomed. However, spaces will be limited so once details are available, book early to reserve your number.

If you have any queries please contact the organisers at brookmansparkrun@gmail.com.

Thank you!

Helen Coffer
on behalf of Brookmans Park School PTA
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:31:57 pm by David Brewer »

Offline Helen

Re: Brookmans Park School PTA FUN RUN Sunday 6th October
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 12:33:25 pm »
Don't forget to take a look at our Fun Run website & register online! There are some links to training plans...only 45 days to go!

https://sites.google.com/site/brookmansparkrun

The final 5k & 10k routes will be online shortly but in the meantime you can take a look at the 10k route from our first Fun Run in 2011 as this will give you a good idea of the sort of terrain (some road, some rougher terrain (Gobions), a few hills etc!!).

Happy training...

Helen

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 03:53:58 pm »
Don't forget to take a look at our Fun Run website & register online! There are some links to training plans...only 45 days to go!

And don't forget to add it to the site calendar, Helen, so it pops up to remind people.

;)

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Helen

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 12:50:45 pm »
Thanks for the reminder David! I tried to link it to the calendar using the link at the bottom of the page but it won't let me do it. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 06:32:57 pm »
Hi Helen,

Not sure why it didn't work for you. I have just clicked the link and added it.  It does open in a new browser, could it be you missed it?

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Helen

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 08:20:15 pm »
Thanks David - every time I clicked the Link to Calendar button it said I couldn't modify the post because the time limit had passed. Or something along those lines!

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 08:58:58 pm »
Thanks David - every time I clicked the Link to Calendar button it said I couldn't modify the post because the time limit had passed. Or something along those lines!

Hi Helen,  I have checked the settings and made a slight change. Could you try again to see whether the message has gone, please. No need to complete the process because the event is already added.  Thanks for being a test pilot for this change.

;)

Offline Helen

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 09:41:26 am »
Works fine now David!  :D

Offline Peeplins

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 05:05:49 pm »
It's not too late to enter this year's Fun Run on Sunday 6th October.

For further information and how to register please visit our Fun Run page  https://sites.google.com/site/brookmansparkrun/

Offline Helen

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 11:03:21 am »
Don't forget to come along to our Fun Run on Sunday! The children's race starts at 9.30am & the 5k & 10k set off at 10.15am, both from the school field (Bradmore Way, Brookmans Park, AL9 7QY).

Staff from the Brookmans have kindly agreed to come along again to sell their delicious bacon butties & will be donating 100% of the sale proceeds to the school.

It's still not too late to register on-line at https://sites.google.com/site/brookmansparkrun/...or simply turn up on the day!

Remember, you can walk the 5k if you don't want to run it & fancy dress is welcome - put the FUN into FUNdraising!!

We hope to see you there - the weather forecast looks good so we're keeping our fingers crossed.  ;)

Offline Helen

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 01:08:05 pm »
Thank you to everyone who came along this morning, either to run or cheer. The turnout was fantastic, helped greatly by the glorious weather!

50% of the money raised by the children's sponsorship this year will go to Great Ormond Street Hospital so we were delighted to see so many junior runners!

And thank you to Lloyd from the Brookmans for his delicious bacon rolls (with all proceeds going to the school).

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Tags: