Author Topic: Average age of forum users  (Read 3013 times)

Offline tombakhurst

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Average age of forum users
« on: March 23, 2013, 10:38:51 pm »
What are the average ages of community members that post on this site? I haven't come across other teenagers, would there be ways of broadening the ages of users (old and young) that contribute to the discussions on here; they are of course just as much of a community as all of us on here and would be interesting to hear opinions of the 'BP veterans' and other youth in the village...  :)

Offline sasquartch

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
Re: Average age of forum users
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 10:32:32 am »
There's no requirement to state your age when signing up.

So the moderators don't know what the spread of ages is.

Everybody, old or young, is welcome on the forum as long as they abide by the forum rules that they agree to at signup.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 10:42:02 am »
What are the average ages of community members that post on this site? I haven't come across other teenagers, would there be ways of broadening the ages of users (old and young) that contribute to the discussions on here; they are of course just as much of a community as all of us on here and would be interesting to hear opinions of the 'BP veterans' and other youth in the village...  :)

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum. Sasquartch is right, people are not forced to state their age when signing up so it's currently not possible to take an average. I checked with the forum plugin offerings and found many forum managers requesting a tool for measuring  average age. T

There are many other statistics which are available for anyone to check http://www.brookmans.com/forum/index.php?action=stats but, unfortunately, average age is not there.

You make a good point about the importance of having a mix of age groups taking part. Eleven years ago we set up a youth section, you can find it here, http://www.brookmans.com/forum/index.php/board,5.30.html but the last post in that section was five months ago.

Perhaps you can encourage your friends to try the forum out, not just the youth section but all areas. By the way, I am sure you know that the forum also has a Facebook page which is available to forum members and non-members. All forum discussions are posted there, too.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline tombakhurst

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 01:25:33 pm »
Just liked the facebook page - will try and tempt some friends to sign up.

Tom

Tags: