Author Topic: Mimmshall Brook  (Read 20670 times)

Offline Gill

• Opinions on some things
Re: Mimmshall Brook
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2008, 01:56:21 pm »
Hi David,
     Thank you for the photo's, I had seen these ones, are there any others from previous times when the river has been full, or do you know of any yourself.

Thanks
Gill

Offline Gill

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2008, 12:55:18 pm »
Hi, Does anybody have any pictures of the flooding that has occurred in recent years of the North Mymms Park from whenever there has been any high water levels.

Thanks
Gill

Offline Birch

• Opinions on many things
  • I am God (no really!)
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2008, 01:40:20 pm »

Offline Gill

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2008, 01:43:50 pm »
Hi Birch,   ;)

Yes I have actually seen these ones, but I was just wondering over a period of time there is a high level of water in the entrance to the North Mymms Park - War Memorial bridge and I was just wondering if anybody had any pictures of these, if and when it flooded, I have seen the ones recently posted and kindly somebody forwarded me some from Jan 06, but did not know if anybody out of interest had taken any others.

Thanks
Gil ::)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2008, 03:45:15 pm »
Hi Gill,

I am merging this with an existing thread on this topic to keep all similar requests together.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline ken-trance

• Opinions on a couple of things
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2008, 02:24:16 pm »
Does anyone have any pictures of when the brook floods at St. Mary's bridge? I'm interested in what happens as it seems to be dry most of the time.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2008, 02:27:49 pm »
Hi Ken,

Welcome to the forum. I have merged your post with an existing thread on this topic. I hope this helps.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Bob Horrocks

• Opinions on everything
  • Expertises:
  • Green Belt
  • Parish Council
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2008, 05:51:25 pm »
A quick advert for the forthcoming 2009 North Mymms Parish Council calendar which should be on sale at Brookmans Park Newsagents and other shops in late September or early October.  Price 6 and format unchanged, and this Forum will tell you at that time who the selling agents are.  The theme is the same as the 2008 edition showing the changing face of North Mymms.

The January 2009 pictures show the bridge over Mimmshall Brook as seen from the road going to the church, and they include the Octagonal House.  The old picture was taken in 1902 and the current picture was taken earlier this year showing the Brook in full flow after heavy rain.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2014, 07:45:25 pm »
Mimmshall Brook was in full flow this afternoon, rushing under the bridge on St Mary's Church Road at North Mymms Park.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:18:26 pm by David Brewer »

Offline Nimbus

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2014, 10:03:03 am »
Maybe a bit pedantic, but wouldn't the photographed flow, after the confluence of the un-named stream from the Welham Green 'Watersplash' and Mimmshall Brook, which nowadays is the overflow from the swallow-holes, be the River Colne? Certainly Google shows it thus in the stretch behind Warrengate Farm.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2014, 11:07:55 am »
Hi Nimbus, you are probably right. I got my map out before posting to check and it wasn't clear there or on the maps I viewed online - but I think you are right. Impressive at the moment. Almost looks good enough for a spot of white water rafting - although I am not recommending it, obviously.

Tags: