Linked Events

• Christmas On Welham Green village green: December 12, 2012

Author Topic: Christmas On Welham Green village green  (Read 4798 times)

Offline peter.inci

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
  • Expertises:
  • everthing
Christmas On Welham Green village green
« on: November 20, 2012, 03:49:48 pm »
This year the first for a very long time we will have Christmas Celebrations on the Village Green in Welham Green Village.
The event will be on 12th December 2012 starting at 18.30 hours on that evening.
We will have a lovely Christmas Tree with lights and all the trimmings. The lights will be switched on by ????????? Its a Secret
The children of St Mary's school will be singing carols as will the choir from St Mary's Church North Mymms,accompanied by members of the Potters Bar Brass Band
Christmas favourite songs will be provided by our very own Cheesy & Nicey Dj's so we can all have a sing-along.
Brookmans Park Rotary Club will be paying us a visit with their well known Santa his Sleigh and helpers, our thanks to them.
There will be free mulled wine and mince pies with soft drinks for the children.
Entrance will be via the Dellsome Lane opening onto the green by the bus stop.
Wrap up warmly and bring a torch
You will be given a ticket on entry, please keep your ticket safe as there will be a prize draw in the course of the evening.
Donations to help with costs no matter how small (or large} can be taken into Peter at incidentals 39 Dellsome Lane
Cheques Made payable to Welham Green Residents Association.
Please come and support us and your village and have a great time.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:22:16 pm by David Brewer »

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Christmas On Welham Green village green
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 04:23:59 pm »
Hi Peter,

I made a slight edit to your post to make it clear the tree event was on Welham Green village green.  And I have added it to the calender. You can do that yourself in future by clicking the 'add to calendar' option.

Hope it goes well.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline peter.inci

• Forum Member
  • Expertises:
  • everthing
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 07:38:32 am »
This year the first for a very long time we will have Christmas Celebrations on the Village Green in Welham Green Village.
The event will be on 12th December 2012 starting at 18.30 hours on that evening.
We will have a lovely Christmas Tree with lights and all the trimmings. The lights will be switched on by ????????? Its a Secret
The children of St Mary's school will be singing carols as will the choir from St Mary's Church North Mymms,accompanied by members of the Potters Bar Brass Band
Christmas favourite songs will be provided by our very own Cheesy & Nicey Dj's so we can all have a sing-along.
Brookmans Park Rotary Club will be paying us a visit with their well known Santa his Sleigh and helpers, our thanks to them.
There will be free mulled wine and mince pies with soft drinks for the children.
Entrance will be via the Dellsome Lane opening onto the green by the bus stop.
Wrap up warmly and bring a torch
You will be given a ticket on entry, please keep your ticket safe as there will be a prize draw in the course of the evening.
Donations to help with costs no matter how small (or large} can be taken into Peter at incidentals 39 Dellsome Lane
Cheques Made payable to Welham Green Residents Association.
Please come and support us and your village and have a great time.

Offline Strad

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 04:59:56 pm »
Just a quick reminder.

There will be carol singing, Mulled Wine and Mince Pies on the Green in Welham Green this evening starting at 6.30pm. The Christmas tree Lights are being switched on at 7pm.

The green is at the cross roads of Dellsome Lane and Dixons Hill Road in the Centre of the village. Do come along and join in this event. The first of its Kind to be held on the Green this century!

Offline LMS

• Opinions on many things
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 09:30:34 pm »
I would just like to say a big thank you to the organisers of this event, it was very enjoyable and worth all of the hard work that had obviously gone into arranging it all. The children were a little difficult to hear (and see), but they were very enthusiastic, and the brass band sounded very good. Personally I would have loved a carol sheet and the chance to join in a little more community singing, but for a first (of many I hope) event I thought it was excellent.  Many thanks to all involved.

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 10:08:07 pm »
Carol sheets were handed out but I think they ran out. I was counting people as  they left and reckon around 430 people were there in total - a fantastic turnout and well done to the Residents Association for all their hard work. Great to see so many of the Welham Green community turning out to support them as well!
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Offline peter.inci

• Forum Member
  • Expertises:
  • everthing
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 02:46:31 pm »
I would just like to say a big thank you to the organisers of this event, it was very enjoyable and worth all of the hard work that had obviously gone into arranging it all. The children were a little difficult to hear (and see), but they were very enthusiastic, and the brass band sounded very good. Personally I would have loved a carol sheet and the chance to join in a little more community singing, but for a first (of many I hope) event I thought it was excellent.  Many thanks to all involved.

Thank you for your very kind remarks.
We did realise there were a few problems ,but we were overwhelmed by the amount of people that flocked in like a swarm of bees.
Having said that our ladies coped extremely well with dishing out the mulled wine.mince pies and honey and mustard glazed sausages.
All in all a wonderful evening and we are looking forward to our next event at easter.
Peter(Chairman Welham Green Residents Association)

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 04:22:18 pm »
Welwyn Hatfield Housing Trust have written a bit about the event on their facebook page - see http://www.facebook.com/welhatcht

James
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Tags: