Author Topic: Using the Forum  (Read 2534 times)

Offline chicken legs

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
Using the Forum
« on: September 12, 2012, 03:55:49 pm »
As a daily lurker, I would like to make the following observation.

If there are several new postings to read, by clicking on my "Favourites Bar" button for the forum, each posting is marked off as I read them.  The disadvantage here is that each time the page re-opens, it's necessary to cursor down past the Free Local Community Services, Google ads, and Members and Guests Online in order to get to the postings.

Using the Back button reloads the page more quickly at the postings, but that doesn't mark off the postings already read.

How do other users navigate?

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Using the Forum
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 06:48:13 am »
If there are several new postings to read, by clicking on my "Favourites Bar" button for the forum, each posting is marked off as I read them.  The disadvantage here is that each time the page re-opens, it's necessary to cursor down past the Free Local Community Services, Google ads, and Members and Guests Online in order to get to the postings.

It seems that you are checking for updated posts by using the home page of The Brookmans Park Newsletter http://www.brookmans.com.  That is fine, but there are easier ways of checking what's new since your last visit.

1: Log on to the forum and on the forum home page http://www.brookmans.com/forum/ click on one of two links, 1) 'Show unread posts since last visit', or 2) 'Show new replies to your posts'.  See image below.

2: Scrolling down on the same page and click on the link 'Unread posts'. A page displaying all the updates will appear. See image below.

3: Scroll down to the bottom of the same page to see a list of recent posts. See image below.

Hope that helps.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Using the Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 07:47:24 am »
FYI, I have moved this thread to the Forum agreement, guidelines, moderation & features section so that it can be found easily in the future.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Tags: