General Discussion Boards > Environment

Horses in the Leach Fields

(1/5) > >>

Mermaid:
If anyone knows who owns the horses in the middle field (into the footpath through the main entrance on Bluebridge Road and then straight up), could you please let the owners know that the horses were standing round an empty water tank at about 6.30pm.

They may well have other water tanks on site somewhere, but I thought I ought to say something just in case they don't.

larrylamb:

--- Quote from: Mermaid on September 08, 2012, 07:42:26 pm ---If anyone knows who owns the horses in the middle field (into the footpath through the main entrance on Bluebridge Road and then straight up), could you please let the owners know that the horses were standing round an empty water tank at about 6.30pm.

They may well have other water tanks on site somewhere, but I thought I ought to say something just in case they don't.

--- End quote ---
why not take some water up there if you are concerned, no one will criticise you for doing the right thing.

Bedlam:

--- Quote from: larrylamb on September 08, 2012, 07:53:56 pm ---
--- Quote from: Mermaid on September 08, 2012, 07:42:26 pm ---If anyone knows who owns the horses in the middle field (into the footpath through the main entrance on Bluebridge Road and then straight up), could you please let the owners know that the horses were standing round an empty water tank at about 6.30pm.

--- End quote ---
why not take some water up there if you are concerned, no one will criticise you for doing the right thing.

--- End quote ---

Seconded.

Editor:
The last two comments are tantamount to trolling. Please don't. This site has a policy for this. Mermaid did the right thing to appeal to forum users who might know the owners in order to alert them. She is a lover of Leach Fields and of animals, and she will have done all she can to help the horses, but she will not be in the position to carry sufficient water to meet their needs. This site encourages public-spirited contributions and discourages trolling.

larrylamb:

--- Quote from: David Brewer on September 08, 2012, 10:27:30 pm ---The last two comments are tantamount to trolling. Please don't. This site has a policy for this. Mermaid did the right thing to appeal to forum users who might know the owners in order to alert them. She is a lover of Leach Fields and of animals, and she will have done all she can to help the horses, but she will not be in the position to carry sufficient water to meet their needs. This site encourages public-spirited contributions and discourages trolling.

--- End quote ---
David put aside your precipitous preconceptions and prejudices and then read what i have wrote.
the point of Mermaids post was concerning the welfare of the animals, my response was objective thats all.

perhaps in hindsight, and in the interests of the animal, maybe a call to the RSPCA would be wise?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version