Author Topic: Lengths of forum discussion posts  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Lengths of forum discussion posts
« on: July 29, 2012, 07:55:39 am »
Hi all,

I have increased the length of forum posts to 4,000 characters. Most people should be able to get their point across in that space - even me.   :)   It's far more than the character count of most online new articles - so we should be able to cope.

If you are not able to make your point in 4,000 characters (letters, numbers, characters and spaces) please try to edit your text rather than post half and then add the remainder in a reply to your own post.

The feedback I am getting is that people skip over long posts that spread over into the next message, so it seems it might be self-defeating to post too much, and if you want people to read what you have to say you probably need to keep it tight (memo to self). 

::)

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline peter.inci

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
  • Expertises:
  • everthing
Re: Lengths of forum discussion posts
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 08:56:41 am »
Sorry David :-[

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Lengths of forum discussion posts
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 10:51:46 am »
Sorry David :-[

No apologies needed - from anyone. I am just trying to tidy up the forum so that the effort to inform others, put in by so many, is easier to follow.

:)

The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Tags: