Author Topic: 50 years a scout  (Read 2327 times)

John_fraser

50 years a scout
« on: July 15, 2012, 08:35:09 pm »

If you drove down Station Road last Friday you may have seen a large crowd gather at the Scout hut to celebrate the remarkable achievement of the Group Leader, Ian ‘Lem’ Lewington. Lem has has notched up 50 continuous years in Scouting. He joined the group as a cub in 1962 and remained as a Scout, Venture Scout, young leader, Scout Leader and now is the Group Leader.

There were easily 250 people there including some parents who had been Scouts under Lem and whose children in turn had been Scouts at North Mymms. We don’t know if any family had a third generation scout, but all remembered the fun they had and held Lem in great affection. Many leaders, past and current, came to mark the occasion and all acknowledged the contribution Lem had made over so many years.

Congratulations to Lem and here’s to the next 50.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: 50 years a scout
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 08:37:59 pm »
Well done Lem; great service to the community.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

John_fraser

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 08:53:17 pm »
If you were there on Friday and haven't received a mail telling you where to find the pictures please message me and I'll pass on the details.

Offline Aidan Winwood

• Opinions on most things
  • Oh pish posh.  Release the Hounds.
    • GamerTrak
  • Expertises:
  • Market Research
  • Corporate Strategy
  • Marketing Comms
  • Video Games (professionally)
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 09:03:44 pm »
Congratulations to Lem and here’s to the next 50.

Hear hear!  Ian was my scout master growing up in the village and made many local kids grow up that little bit better and faster.  Well done Lem indeed!

Saw the event, but would have been good to know about it beforehand, since I would have loved to go along.

A

John_fraser

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 12:46:45 am »
Sorry Aidan. We sent a lot of emails out, but we don't have a full list of all ex-scouts and their current e-mail addresses. Obviously we couldn't broadcast a surprise party on a public site. A real shame you (and probably others) missed out.

Offline Aidan Winwood

• Opinions on most things
  • Oh pish posh.  Release the Hounds.
    • GamerTrak
  • Expertises:
  • Market Research
  • Corporate Strategy
  • Marketing Comms
  • Video Games (professionally)
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 06:59:51 pm »
No worries John, better that it was a surprise!  I shall give Ian my best wishes when I see him next.

Yours,
Aidan

Tags: