Author Topic: Fishing on Gobions Pond  (Read 18908 times)

Offline ballie

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • Forum Member
Fishing on Gobions Pond
« on: June 16, 2004, 01:22:50 am »
Hello,

I am on a mercy mission from my father who is soon to move into the village. As a keen angler he would like to know if there is any information available about North Mymms Angling Club so that he may join and fish Gobions Pond!
All information donations gratefully received!!

Thank you :)
Lisa

Offline Oly

• Opinions on many things
  • Well, I say
Re: Fishing on Gobions Pond
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 02:12:06 am »
The North Mymms Angling club is based in Welham Green, i was a member back in 1998-2000 and i seem 2 remember there was a  short waiting list, im not sure if there still is though. You could try a search on yahoo?

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 02:48:34 am »
A quick web search threw up this thread on another forum (Sorry Dave!) - suggest you try contacting one of those people to see if they can help you, although quotes like this:

He said not to expect anything about my application to fish until June! Apparently the club secretary only looks at the new applications once a year and he doesnt do this until he knows how many of the existing members have renewed.

Suggest you could be in for a long wait....

http://carp-uk.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8156&SearchTerms=gobions

Hope this helps,

James
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Offline GGDT

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 08:19:25 pm »
Fishing at Gobions is run by North Mymms Angling Club and is members only (although guest tickets are available if you go with a current member).

Application forms to join the club can be obtained from the Hatfield Angling Centre in Old Hatfield however membership numbers are limited and a waiting list is currently in operation.

Priority is given to applicants who live within North Mymms Parish and the list is reviewed once a year after the current members have renewed.

I went on the waiting list last August (03) and was informed recently that I should hear if my application has been successful in the next couple of weeks.

Based on the fact that I live in North Mymms Parish (Little Heath) and have been on the waiting list for nearly a year I would presume that if your father applied now he would not get in until 2005 at the earliest.

The staff in Hatfield Angling, although friendly, have been unable to tell me how many people are currently on the list at present.

Hope this helps and if your father is looking for other places to fish in the local area let me know and I will try to assist.

Regards.

Offline Margaret

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 12:38:11 pm »
Can anybody give me any information about the North Mymms Angling Club. Have had several enquiries about joining.

Offline jet

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 10:29:14 pm »
The fishing tackle shop in old hatfield is the place to go for info, but be prepared to wait for membership!
regards,
jet

Offline Margaret

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 10:53:36 am »
Thanks Jet

Offline georgethebuilder

• Opinions on some things
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 10:56:52 pm »
Hi any news on this , considering going back to fishing after 25 years . Would like somewhere local to spend the odd afternoon but i'm not over the moon at a couple of year wait to fish 5 minutes from home.

Cheers George

Offline Bob Horrocks

• Opinions on everything
  • Expertises:
  • Green Belt
  • Parish Council
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 02:38:20 pm »
I suggest you try the lake at Oakmere Park, High St , Potters Bar.  The Barnet Angling Club contact is the Angling shop at the traffic lights next to the Green Man on the High Street, Potters Bar.  I think membership also allows you to fish at the lakes on the corner of the A1000 and Shepherds Way

Offline georgethebuilder

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 08:59:02 pm »
Thanks for the reply Bob, I took a wonder down Gobions yesterday afternoon and got talking to an Old Gent who informed me the waiting list is still around the four-five years mark for a non locals but locals should be admitted in around six weeks. We'll see as ive phoned for a form.
Cheers George

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 01:21:22 pm »
Someone has posted on Facebook asking who they should contact for a fishing permit on Gobions Pond.  Anyone got contact details?  David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Angel

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on most things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 02:18:14 pm »
Someone has posted on Facebook asking who they should contact for a fishing permit on Gobions Pond.  Anyone got contact details?  David

I've PM'd you

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 02:46:38 pm »

I've PM'd you

Thanks, got it. Trouble is the person posted on Facebook. If they post here I can then send them the number in a private message. Don't want to publish it without the owners consent.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Angel

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on most things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 04:11:12 pm »

I've PM'd you

Thanks, got it. Trouble is the person posted on Facebook. If they post here I can then send them the number in a private message. Don't want to publish it without the owners consent.

David

Yes, I agree which is why I sent you a private message but can't you PM the poster on facebook?

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 04:37:15 pm »

I've PM'd you

David

Yes, I agree which is why I sent you a private message but can't you PM the poster on facebook?

:-[  Why didn't I think of that.   :)  Done

Offline RMP

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 02:27:25 am »
The very helpful people in the Old Hatfield Angling shop will tell you all you need to know - might be a wait but well worth it as it's a lovely place to fish. 

If you would like something close to home without the wait, Barnet Angling Club have lakes at Shepheds Way (and other waters close by) - open membership - go and see Andy in the tackle shop in Potters Bar, he too is really helpful.

Offline LuckyDuck

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 01:39:02 pm »
Does anyone fish there?

Is it membership only?

Who can I contact to fish there?

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 01:50:59 pm »
Hi LuckyDuck, I have merged this with an existing thread on the topic.  There are a couple of answers back in this thread that might help you.

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 01:54:02 pm »
It might be a good idea to ask the Clerk in the NMPC offices, presumably they lease the fishing rights to the club concerned. Mrs Morton will be in the council offices tomorrow - 268418

Offline Chungdokwan

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 02:54:08 pm »
I am a member of the club. There are no day tickets unless you accompany a member. There is a waiting list but you can put your name down through Andy at Potters Bar Angling on the High Street, on the right-hand side near the traffic lights, which doubles as a trophy and darts shop. Sadly, Old Hatfield Angling closed down some time ago. Membership costs only 30 per year if you help out on a work party once a year, but if you don't participate in a  work party you'll have to pay another 25 per annum. The fishing is good and there are some large carp >20lb, big common bream, tench and lots of smaller fish.

Tags: