Author Topic: Local spigot mortar emplacement that officially doesn't exist  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Just had a lovely spring walk past the spigot mortar emplacement to the east of Brookmans Park. I remember reporting this to the Council for British Archeology's Defence of Britain survey  almost 10 years ago to be told that their project was "now complete" and they couldn't update their website with new information (yes, I know, amazing). 

So this impressive and valuable piece of history - according to official records - doesn't exist. But, of course, it does. In fact I wrote a piece about it in May 2003 for this site so that it was online for people to find.

So here, before the leaves block the view, are some pictures of our local spigot mortar emplacement which doesn't feature in the official national records because someone couldn't figure out how to use the internet.

::)

[
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Local spigot mortar emplacement that officially doesn't exist
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 04:56:30 pm »
Oh, forgot to add, click on the pictures and then click again for a large version. You are free to download and use. The pictures are released under Creative Commons. All you need to do is mention The Brookmans Park Newsletter as the source and they are all yours to adapt, share, use and do whatever you like.

:)
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Tags: