Author Topic: UPDATE - Theft of Motor Vehicle Cuffley  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Aidan Winwood

• Opinions on most things
  • Oh pish posh.  Release the Hounds.
    • GamerTrak
  • Expertises:
  • Market Research
  • Corporate Strategy
  • Marketing Comms
  • Video Games (professionally)
UPDATE - Theft of Motor Vehicle Cuffley
« on: February 02, 2012, 01:24:45 pm »
Dear Watch Member,

Despite two warnings and reminders yesterday in relation to NOT leaving vehicles running on the driveway to warm up in the mornings it is with sad regret that I must report a further theft of a vehicle.

Again, the owner of the vehicle left it running whilst they were inside their house and the vehicle was unattended.

At Approximately 0700hrs the high value vehicle was removed from the driveway in Tolmers Avenue, along with the keys and any property contained inside..

Enquires are continuing.

A press release will be sent out shortly covering this matter, along with regular patrols offering advice to those found leaving their cars running unattended.  Along with the obvious insurance implications, I would also like to point out that leaving your car running on a road whilst no one is with it is actually an offence for which you could receive a fine.

DO NOT leave your car engine running if you are not with it.  For the sake of ten cold minutes waiting with your car to warm up, you could save yourself longer waiting for a bus due to having no car.

If you need to reply by email click on my address here: ross.freeman2 [at] herts.pnn.police.uk.

Regards,
Ross Freeman
Police Constable
Neighbourhood Watch
Email: ross.freeman2 [at] herts.pnn.police.uk
Tel: 01707 354192

Tags: