Using This Forum > Forum agreement, guidelines, moderation & features

Add your expertise to your forum profile

(1/2) > >>

Editor:
I thought it would be useful to add a feature to the forum that shows the expertise of forum members (optional).  So, if you are a top class plumber, decorator, baby sitter, accountant, driver, computer engineer etc you can add it to your profile and others can see it. 

To add your expertise to your profile do the following:

* Click on Profile
* Click on Forum Profile
* Add your expertise - you can add several
* Save
* Done

sasquartch:
Are yours listed in order of competence Dave ?   :icon_jokercolor:

Editor:
Absolutely.  Looking forward to your list (and country)

;)

Editor:
A reminder that you can add your expertise to your forum profile. I see a few have.

You don't have to, it's an option, but it might be nice to know what skills, talents and resources exist amongst the community - or not, depending on how you view it.

;)

Editor:
Four years ago we added a feature to the forum that allows forum users to add their expertise to their profiles.

The benefit of this is that those reading the posts can see what the contributor professes to be expert in.

So if you are a nature buff, a computer wizard, or, like me, know a lot about real ale and local walks, you can add those to your visible profile. 

On a more serious note, if you are a local developer, a local councillor, a planning expert, or a legal expert, you can add those, too.

This would be particularly helpful with anonymous posts where people want to protect their identity but also want to indicate that they know what they are talking about.

So, to add your expertise to your profile you simple do the following:

* Click on Profile
* Click on Forum Profile
* Add your expertise - you can add several
* Save
* Done
 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...