Author Topic: Swanland Road  (Read 3607 times)

Offline Jane B

• Opinions on some things
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
Swanland Road
« on: March 05, 2004, 10:07:21 am »
I have just come out of Warrengate Road onto Swanland Road (turning right)and for the fourth time this year have nearly lost my life! (Many thanks to the Volvo that obviously has a fantastic braking system & a very understanding attitude!)What are the rules for parking and totally blocking view of a main road? Large vehicles often park there (the junction with the Water End Cafe) without any regard for people trying to come out onto what is locally known as 'a race track' road. Has anyone else had a near miss here? Can someone advise as to who I complain to before someone has a serious accident there! >:(

(Editor's note: edited only to change title)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 04:06:55 pm by admin »

Offline Bob Horrocks

• Opinions on everything
  • Expertises:
  • Green Belt
  • Parish Council
Re: Swanland Road
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 02:45:48 pm »
Why not have a word with Herts Highways at County Hall to see if it is an accident hotspot already, and what action might be taken.

A resident of Warrengate Rd has already spoken to me about this.  I suggested taking a note of the vehicles obstructing the sightlines - type of vehicle, owner if a lorry, registration number, time etc.  Pass the info on to the police.

(Editor's note: edited only to change title)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 04:07:18 pm by admin »

Offline Largey

• Opinions on many things
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 04:12:04 pm »
Its now 1.00pm and Swanland Road is now closed due a serious accident. Three cars involved and the post box has been demolished. Numerous police, fire brigade and ambulance crews are here. I hope no one has been seriously hurt but yet again speed no doubt has played a part.

All the emergency services on scene.

Good job no one was posting a letter !!!
Some more pics here
http://www.falconmedia.co.uk/test/swanland1.htm
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 02:28:54 pm by Falcon_Media »

Offline Largey

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 10:28:40 pm »
How do we get a new Post Box  ???

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 11:38:23 pm »
Not sure, but if whoever it is (?Royal Mail presumably) are being a bit slow on the uptake, I'm sure getting the Welwyn Hatfield Times involved would speed things along a bit....

James
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Offline Largey

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 02:42:43 am »
I have been getting no joy from Royal Mail as to wether or not our post box will be replaced. In fact they won't even give me the phone number of the department who deals with siting of post boxes. Does anyone else know.? There are a lot of unhappy residents here... Not just down to the speed of vehicles... But who need to post mail....  ???

Tags: