Author Topic: Forum for teenagers  (Read 5524 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Forum for teenagers
« on: April 19, 2002, 07:46:49 pm »
Following a post by Alfonso Jebbadiah The Third and subsequent posts by aqueous transmission and Nirvana Rock, a forum for teenagers has been set up.
I have made all three of you moderators in this forum so that you can look after it. This is your forum to use as you want. It will be up to the three moderators to ensure the standards of taste and decency set out in the registration agreement are adhered to.
As with everyone using this site all are welcome to post elsewhere but this area is for issues that affect teenagers. If you feel there are issues that should be open to wider debate please use the other topic areas as well.
Enjoy
Forum Admin
« Last Edit: April 19, 2002, 07:51:22 pm by admin »
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline aqueous transmission

• Opinions on some things
  • liquid communication ... simple really
    • digitalblasphemy
Re: Forum for teenagers
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2002, 03:32:03 am »
wow, zero to hero in the space of 3 days, that can't be bad. well, once again, at about half 8-ish on saturday night, i and my friends, including nivrana rock and chazz were taking a stroll to the village for some chips, when we came accross a group of townies (yes, those ones with the sports clothes and bad attitudes, and who listen to the 'musical act' known as the 'so solid cru') about 15 strong loitering in the village. luckily, the police were there to deal with it. its most likely to be these lot who are setting fire to the for sale signs and scaring your children. quite frankly, i don't think this group of deserve to have an area devoted to use by them (other than somewhere far, far away), as they would only destroy it within a week of its destruction.

i presume that it is this group of youthes that people are speaking of who are disturbing the peace and yelling obsenities at passers by and during the early hours.

well, thats enough for now, goodnight all,

aqueous transmission (watery gears)  :P
'to obtain a bird's-eye is to turn a blizzard to a breeze'

• digitalblasphemy
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2002, 03:33:42 am »
note, in the previous post, 'destruction' should have read 'construction'

aqueous  :P

G.F_tassajara

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2002, 12:52:52 am »
Right everyone im back. So what hard hitting issues shall we dedicate our time to today.  I would personally like to say a little thanks for the person who said they would put my idea of a place for cycling in gobians, that would really make me a happy bloke! ;D   Anyway, i have little to say at the mo except thanks to forum admin for trying to help my problem and for making this area, a great idea. Well anyway thats it for now, ill keep on posting tho when issues are raised. bye bye  

Offline steve

• Brookmans Park Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2002, 01:22:59 am »
aqua

how old were these townies?
were they from bp or wgreen?
the age of the kids i saw just before a sign went up in moffats was about 16 to 18.

steve

Jehovah.K.O.T.C.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2002, 01:15:07 pm »
Steve,
I was with aqua at the time we saw these townies, and yes they were between the ages of 16 and 18. On the same evening when we went to Alldays, we found they had had some shoplifters, and the woman behind the checkout seemed to be very flustered. I'm not saying these two incidents are related, however I wouldnt rule it out by any means.

Jehovah.

Offline Mooniemad

• Opinions on many things
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2002, 08:54:56 pm »
 I also was with aqua and I wouldn't be surprised if it is all linked. I think many of those youths were from Southgate and around them areas. They were here visitin mates.

• digitalblasphemy
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2002, 09:56:39 pm »
well, all you need to do is put two and two together...
it is becoming quite a problem. but i have no idea why so many townies from places like southgate would want to come here?!

« Last Edit: April 23, 2002, 09:57:30 pm by aqueous »

Offline anna

• Opinions on many things
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2002, 04:48:57 am »
Well I used to live near southgate, and it used to be just like here, a bunch of harmless youths hanging around the station cause there was nothing better to do. Back then we had Casuals, Goth and Scar, and a few others I can't remember. Anyway back to the point, it has now become a very rough area!! A few stabbings and beatings, I think at least 2 youths have been killed there in the last 2 years...........so perhaps some kids don't feel safe there and are turning to our quiet streets.
Plus nothing to do for young adults there either, even though there is a huge college.......mad really

Tags: