Author Topic: John Kingsford  (Read 4081 times)

Offline Ray Hoare

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
John Kingsford
« on: November 03, 2011, 08:37:37 am »
I used to live in Moffats Lane, attended the Pimary school when the swimming pool was being built, went to Hatfield Technical Grammar (as it was then) and had a good friend - John Kingsford. There was a group of us who met very regularly in our teens - Gerald Holmes, Roger Walton and Robert Farbrother, We get together every year and would like to invite John to our next re-union...Can anyone help with a contact point please.

Many thanks

Ray Hoare
01825 791422
rghoare (at) aol (dot) com

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:39:52 am by David Brewer »

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: John Kingsford
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 08:41:14 am »
Dear Ray,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the note to the feedback section of the site.  You forgot to add your email address so I am glad you have posted here, which is what I would have suggested.

I have disguised your email address so that automated spam software can't harvest the address.

Regards

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Trent

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 03:57:46 pm »
Hi Ray,

I have contact details for John Kingsford. I am happy to contact him and ask him to contact you if that would be ok

Best wishes Trent

(Email just sent)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 04:10:40 pm by Trent »

Offline Mary_Morgan

• Opinions on many things
  • statio bene fide carinis
  • Expertises:
  • Gin & Tonic
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 05:11:46 pm »
Ray

Your post has given me a delightful afternoon of day dreaming.   I remember John, Gerald and Robert well from primary school days.   Know your name but cannot put a face to it.   Think I recollect Roger, but not sure I am thinking of the right person.

Very best regards to all of you.  That was a good class that left primary school in 1959.

Cheers

Mary

Offline Ray Hoare

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 09:12:59 am »
Thanks very much...Unfortunately have not received your mail Trent...Regardless...I would very much appreciate you on-passing my request to him please....

Offline Ray Hoare

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 09:17:02 am »
Thanks....Kent..I have not received your mail but would appreciate you passing my details onto John please.

Many thanks

Ray

Offline Trent

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 11:34:32 am »
I Have forwarded them as  requested  :)

Offline petrometro

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 07:39:42 am »
I knew John Kingsford as I was a next door neighbour but one. He used to have a great train set and had a record with steam engine sounds, yet always locked us out of his bedroom so we never actually got to see the layout!
His father, the local historian died a couple of years ago aged 101, his mother many years before. They sold the house at 125 moffats lane recently and there is now a planning application to extend and develop the house which has made some neighbours furious, but Welwyn Hatfield seem to just hoover these applications through, or so I am told.

(Note: Reason for edit explained in a personal message - David)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 07:55:14 am by David Brewer »

Offline petrometro

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 08:09:11 am »
oops - should read Nick Kingsford not Nigel! I think Nick for information's sake is still living in the Usk Valley on the welsh borderland.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 08:16:09 am »
oops - should read Nick Kingsford not Nigel! I think Nick for information's sake is still living in the Usk Valley on the welsh borderland.

Hi petrometro, you can always edit your posts by clicking on the button marked 'Modify' at the top right of the message.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Tags: