Author Topic: Add a country flag to your profile - new feature  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Add a country flag to your profile - new feature
« on: January 01, 2012, 01:04:59 pm »
I thought it might be nice if people were able to add the flag of the country they are posting from. I know that quite a few Brookmans Park residents are now living overseas and log in to the forum in order to catch up with news from home. So I have installed a new feature to the site that enables you to set which country you are posting from.

If you look at my profile to the left of this message you can see where I am posting from. If you hover your mouse over the flag you see the country name (just in case there are any unfamiliar flags displayed).

To set it just do the following:
  • Click on 'Profile' in the menu choices just below the welcome message
  • Click on 'Modity Profile'
  • Click on 'Forum Profile'
  • Select your country from the list in the drop down menu
  • Click save
  • All done

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline trekbat

• Opinions on most things
  • Forum Member
Re: Add a country flag to your profile - new feature
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 07:10:13 pm »
Talking of flying the flag - I wonder how many people noticed that James May was flying the Union Jack upside down in Topgear's India Special (repeated tonight on BBC2 at 19:30 for those who aren't into I-Players and thingies).

Clearly this paragon of Britishness hasn't seen Carry On Up The Khyber.

Tags: