Author Topic: Teenagers' opinions  (Read 5970 times)

Student_X

Teenagers' opinions
« on: April 18, 2002, 02:56:20 pm »
Due to the huge response on "Kids on the street" I have setup this forum for the youth of BP to voice thier views. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2002, 08:02:13 pm by admin »

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Teenagers voice your opinions
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2002, 03:52:27 pm »
Hi Alfonso, welcome to the forum.  Would you like an area created for teenagers or are you happy to share the youth section and use the general areas?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2002, 08:27:10 pm by admin »
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline jet

• Opinions on everything
Re: Teenagers voice your opinions
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2002, 07:09:54 pm »
You beat me to it!
Come on younger persons, you are reading the forum, lets have some posts or comments.
Parents at the risk of being interfering consider encouraging your ofspring to read and contribute.
regards,
jet
« Last Edit: April 19, 2002, 08:27:26 pm by admin »

Offline aqueous transmission

• Opinions on some things
  • liquid communication ... simple really
    • digitalblasphemy
Re: Teenagers' opinions
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2002, 01:07:21 am »
well, i have posted my first two ever posts on the 'kids on the street' forum...so, well, go an' read those for a couple of ideas, mr (or mrs) administrator :P
'to obtain a bird's-eye is to turn a blizzard to a breeze'

chazz

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2002, 12:18:12 pm »
I agree with 'aqueous transmission'. We should build a seprate area for the teenagers of the village. The park is where we sometuimes like to go and 'hang' out on a nice hot day. But many parents do not let their children come in when we are there, which does make us look bad.

Maybe the council instead of trying 2 get rid of us should put money towards keeping us occupied.

Many people i have spoken to agree that a skateboard ramp or cycle track should be put in gobions (yes it will keep us of the streets and make the village look nice and pretty again  :P).

Whoever is in the council sort it out and do something for the teeenagers for once and not just for the adults.  ;D

Offline anna

• Opinions on many things
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2002, 12:59:30 pm »
Whoever is in the council sort it out and do something for the teeenagers for once and not just for the adults.  ;D

I hate to tell you this and it won't make you feel any better.......but they don't do much for us either!!! And we pay them a lot of money.
However, I am a believer in fighting for what you want. And a letter from a large group is better than individuals. How about you get a petition, highlighing the need for something in the Gobions. Get as many people to sign it and show the council you mean business.  In life if you want something bad enough you have to fight for it, when your younger your parents do that for you. Now its your chance to show You can do things on your own and you mean business.  It does give you an incrediable feeling of satisfaction to achieve something. It might be a long fight, but if its worth it fight for it.

Tell as many friends as you can about this forum, get their views and put pen to paper!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2002, 01:00:38 pm by anna »

Offline jet

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2002, 06:57:27 pm »
Hear Hear Anna,
Don't Ask Don't Get.
might still not get it but you don't know till you have tried.
regards
jet

Jehovah.K.O.T.C.

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2002, 12:50:19 pm »
So are you saying that if we get some kind of petition together, we might b able to get something done about the lack of entertainment in the area?

Jehovah, the artist formaly known as nirvana rock

scykotik

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2002, 11:03:47 pm »
i know that proposals for a ramp have been put forward for the ramp in gobians, if that is not successful (as for some reason the see it not fit to keep sk8rs off the street) i am prepared to get a petition together and, with help, will put it forward to the coucil.

fingers crossed for the go-ahead on the half pipe

Tags: