Author Topic: Run, Fat boy, Run.  (Read 2238 times)

John_fraser

Run, Fat boy, Run.
« on: September 18, 2011, 05:36:42 pm »
If you know me in the real world you may find the thought of me trying to run 13 miles amusing. In truth the only thing that stops me laughing is the terror of getting my overweight, out of condition, middle aged body to cover such a daunting distance. But on October the 16th I will be attempting to do this feat at The Royal Parks Half Marathon.

I will be running in memory of Lewis Fraser, my cousinís son, who died last year at the age 17. And I will be running to raise funds for the Juvenile Diabetics Research Fund to help their work in the field of juvenile diabetics. If you can, please help me raise money for this worthy cause by clicking here and donating what you can.

John_fraser

Re: Run, Fat boy, Run.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 08:33:07 pm »
Just spotted I got the date wrong. The date of the half marathon is the 9 October. Which gives me one less week to complete my inadequate training.

John_fraser

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 05:22:15 pm »
Tomorrow's the big day. Just 19,999 proper runners and me doing a sort of sponsored walk. If you have sponsored me already then thank you. If you haven't and you'd like to help a worthy cause you can do so by clicking here and donating what you can.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 06:29:11 pm by John Fraser »

John_fraser

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 07:17:51 pm »
A big "thank you" to everyone who sponsored me (if you haven't you still can a http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/johnfraser) and who wished me good luck. My time wasn't exactly 'elite' but as it was my first half marathon it still counts as a PB 2:44:21

Tags: