Author Topic: The Brunt Family & Brunt's Coaches  (Read 10248 times)

Offline Valjune

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
The Brunt Family & Brunt's Coaches
« on: September 18, 2011, 03:18:23 pm »
Hello,
Recently seen a reference to Sheila Brunt in your forum, albeit dated February 2006!  The author was Neville Hobbs, who had dined with one of Sheila's sons.  I used to work for Sheila at the Welwyn Garden City depot; she became quite involved with my family. I would love to know if she is still well, and or back in this country?  Neville Hobbs said she had gone to Spain. When I knew the Brunt's they lived at Woodside Place....was this after they had lived at The Swan then?  I lost touch with her when she lived in Hertford and I moved away from the area. Any information would be most welcome!  Thankyou.
Valjune

Offline stevea

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
Re: The Brunt Family & Brunt's Coaches
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 10:32:21 pm »
Hello Valjune, Not sure if this helps, when I was there about 12 years ago, one of the sons lived in Moffats Lane, BP, and Sheila owned an open deck tour company in Westminster. I noticed that one of the sons is on Facebook.

Offline stormbrunty

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 08:38:14 pm »
Hi, Im married to sheila youngest son, she had 5 children, a girl and 4 boys. she is doing well and has lived in Spain for over 20 years, she does however come back to uk for visits and stays local.
hope this helps,  x

Offline Valjune

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 07:47:03 pm »
Hi Stormbrunty....so glad to hear that Sheila is doing well and enjoying her life in Spain.....please send her my regards when you next write/speak or whatever.....tell her Val Gordon (as was) often thinks about her and sends her love. Many thanks for the info.....am I right in thinking the girl's name is Joanna?   I remember her as a baby, and some of the boys too..x

Offline Valjune

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 07:54:18 pm »
Hi stevea and thankyou for your reply...seems I've left it a bit late doesn't it?  I should have been on one of her buses in London...I love open toppers and would have been thrilled if I'd known the firm was Sheaila's, still in buses/coaches too!  Thanks again.  x

Offline stormbrunty

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 10:44:41 pm »
Hi All,

only just re logged on the site sadly Sheila past away in late Dec 2011, x

Offline stevea

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 07:37:21 am »
Stormbrunty, Sorry to hear about Sheila. Are you married to Danny? I was good friends with Glenn.

Offline Pat Hill

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 09:54:07 am »
About fifteen years ago I, with six other female friends, organised the Eyeliner Appeal for the women of Sarajevo.  Sheila Brunt who ran a haulage business with her family (Hatfield/Hemel Hempstead?) transported all that had been donated to Sarajevo.  I later went back with Sheila to meet some of the women we had helped and took further aid.  Soon after that I lost touch with Sheila, and have tried to find news of her. She is often in my thoughts when I think back over that time.  I would very much like it if anyone can shed any light on this for me.

Offline sasquartch

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 11:21:15 am »
Sheila Brunt was discussed here http://www.brookmans.com/forum/index.php/topic,3282.msg26409.html#msg26409

Sadly I think she has now passed away.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 05:08:31 pm »
About fifteen years ago I, with six other female friends, organised the Eyeliner Appeal for the women of Sarajevo.  Sheila Brunt who ran a haulage business with her family (Hatfield/Hemel Hempstead?) transported all that had been donated to Sarajevo.  I later went back with Sheila to meet some of the women we had helped and took further aid.  Soon after that I lost touch with Sheila, and have tried to find news of her. She is often in my thoughts when I think back over that time.  I would very much like it if anyone can shed any light on this for me.

Hi Pat,

Welcome to the forum. I have merged your post with an existing thread on this topic.  Thanks to sasquartch for reminding me (one post up) that the other thread existed.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Pat Hill

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 09:36:38 am »
Thank you for letting me know the sad news about Sheila, I am just sorry I didn't manage to find out where she was last year.  I am the "Eyeliner" lady and Sheila was invaluable taking the donations to Sarajevo twice.  She was a great lady and am sure is sorely missed.  I certainly will never forget her and all the support and help she gave to Eyeliner.

Offline stormbrunty

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 07:40:39 am »
Hi, sorry I don't log on very often, no I'm married to Nigel the youngest son. X

Offline stevea

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 10:39:45 am »
Hello, I'm friends with Nigel as well. No doubt we've met in the past.  :)

Tags: