Author Topic: Bin fireworks in Welham Green  (Read 2386 times)

Offline waterendcafe1

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Bin fireworks in Welham Green
« on: May 24, 2011, 09:31:17 am »
Last night i was just about to come out of the chinese in welham green when i saw a flash, i thought it was just a car then, something hit the window of the shop. There was a loud bang lots of smoke and flashing. My sister and i waded through the smoke to see what had happened and someone had put fireworks in the bin. There was a minimum of three. About 30 seconds after the last firework had gone off the bin caught fire.   We didnt see anyone but they must have been near by as fireworks only take a few minutes to go off.

just thought i would warn just in case they carry on during the week and target someones house

Buster

Re: Bin fireworks in Welham Green
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 10:01:33 am »
It would seem that Welham Green are having problems again.  Two shops were also broken into last Friday night.

Offline epiphany

• Opinions on most things
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:13:25 am »
Was it Chinese New Year yesterday?

Offline PS

• Opinions on most things
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 12:37:18 pm »
Gone - 3rd Feb 2011 - year of the Rabbit

Offline waterendcafe1

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 03:41:01 pm »
It was nothing to do with Chinese new year its kids mucking around.

Offline PCSO Luxford

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 05:47:05 pm »
Police have no knowledge of this incident which means it was not reported. I would gladly be proven wrong if it has. Police needed to be made aware and fireworks are classified as a firearm.

If you see anybody letting fireworks off then please call the police. The Welham Green PCSO is Sam Griffin, (who won a regional heat of PCSO of The Year), has asked if anyone experiences any further incidents to call police. Unless we are made aware we cannot do anything.

If you wish to contact Sam at any point, her contact details are:
samantha.griffin@herts.pnn.police.uk
01707 806470
PCSO, Louise Luxford, the police community support officer for Brookmans Park and Little Heath. For non-emergencies, please calll 0845 33 00222.

Tags: