Author Topic: Christchurch Earthquake appeal  (Read 1691 times)

Offline NZer

• Opinions on some things
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
Christchurch Earthquake appeal
« on: February 27, 2011, 08:29:50 am »
The Prime Minister of New Zealand, John Key, today launched an official appeal to help rebuild the lives & buildings of Christchurch after the devastating earthquake that occurred last Thursday.
I thought that some in Brookmans Park may have connections to New Zealand and may wish to donate to this appeal.

The website is   www.christchurchearthquakeappeal.govt.nz

I emigrated from Brookmans Park to New Zealand in 1962, and this has been my home ever since.  However, until 2 years ago, I was a regular visitor to Moffats Lane, Brookmans Park, where my parents lived up until then, so it\\BP is still like my second home.  My son, who first came to BP as a 4 week old baby, is getting married in Christchurch on Friday week.  Changes to arrangements have had to be made as some family have had to be evacuated, but as the venue is not badly damaged they are going to go ahead.

Offline NZer

• Opinions on some things
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
Re: Christchurch Earthquake appeal
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 09:33:22 am »
Apologies for the mistake with the day - the earthquake was Tuesday 22 Feb - I'm not thinking straight!  The international help that has arrived is just wonderful.  They are still trying to dig bodies out and always hope for a miracle that they might find someone alive.

Tags: