Author Topic: Adding details of events to the calendar without having to post in the forum  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
I have just figured out that it is possible to add an event to the calendar without having a forum post created. I should have seen this before, but it means that people can add any event to our calendar, local or not, commercial or non-commercial, without having a local discussion forum post created.

In the past we have tried to stop people posting events that our outside the patch or commercial in the forum because the forum is for discussions.

Now, if you have an event to publicise please log in, click on the calendar link in the main navigation, click on the drop down Post Event option and then uncheck the box that says link to a forum post.

I have set it so that you can add a fair amount of detail, but be sure to keep it tight. Also, sentence case please, not capital letters.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Helen

• Opinions on many things
Hi David, I just figured that out too - yesterday, when I added Village Day on 18th June. I figured it was a bit early to be starting up a post about it! Although it's quite exciting this year - we are going to attempt to set a world record - so I will be posting about it fairly soon...watch this space!

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
There is one problem with it - you have to write all the information in 53 characters, which isn't much. I am sure James will be able to help me extend that once he is through with the jumble sale.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Tags: