Author Topic: Open Space golf ban  (Read 3280 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Open Space golf ban
« on: February 12, 2004, 03:41:35 pm »
New signs are to be erected in Gobions Open Space and the recreation ground in Little Heath reminding golfers that practising in the area is not allowed. The North Mymms Parish Council says it is a health and safety risk and the public need to be protected from stray golf balls being hit by golfers or by the council's mowing machines.  Click here for more details
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline trinity

• Opinions on many things
Re: Open Space golf ban
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 09:13:59 pm »
New signs are to be erected in Gobions Open Space and the recreation ground in Little Heath reminding golfers that practising in the area is not allowed.

Quite right, too. The country is badly enough covered in golf courses as it is, without places like Gobions being turned into one, as well.

Offline shads

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 01:21:42 pm »
i'm with the council on this one,the last thing you need if you are out for a walk or playing with the kids is to be shot at with golf balls.
I also feel that there are ample golf courses and  driving ranges where people can practice their swings so there is no need to practice in open public places where balls and clubs could turn from sports equipment into potentially lethal weapons...........and i would hazard a guess if this ever did happen there would be a severe lack of liability insurance on the golfers behalf

Offline jet

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 02:00:02 pm »
As someone who uses Gobions regularly my observations are that the few people using it for golf practice do so at times of low ocupancy by others.
They always bat their balls in a safe direction and its always short shots not drives.
By the way I hate golfers, snobby lot. Good walk spoilt.
regards,
jet

Offline shads

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 04:01:09 pm »
i must admit i have never actually come come across any practising their golf shots over at Gobions,however my point being that as long as there are people practising golf over there,there will be more of a chance of an incident than if there wasn't............ ::)

Tags: