Author Topic: Blocked Sewer  (Read 2341 times)

Offline The Outlaw

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • Forum Member
Blocked Sewer
« on: December 20, 2010, 08:28:51 am »
Hello one and all, hope you are all inside safe from the weather, wrapped up warm with a glass of your favourite tipple to keep you company.

Me? I've taken a different route to keeping warm, I've been plunging 24ft of sewer pipe having discovered the shared drain on the street is blocked. Plenty of stuff in their was so warm it was actually steaming. Yuck.

So, simple first post from me, does anyone know a local drains company that unblock shared sewers for a reasonable amount? I have a feeling I may get stung full whack as some of the neighbours say they have forked out in full themselves previously, so will be hard to ask them.

Thanks in advanced,

The Outlaw.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Blocked Sewer
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 08:40:05 am »
Hi Outlaw,

Welcome to the forum. We don't encourage recommendations, I am afraid (for commercial and other reasons). However, people are able to send you a personal message. To activate your personal messages you need to have made two posts.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline The Outlaw

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 09:14:33 am »
Thanks for the welcome David, much appreciated. Happy to receive suggestions by private message, that is assuming this counts as my second post. Cheers in advanced to anyone who may be able to help.

The Outlaw.

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 10:27:41 am »
My sympathies to The Outlaw, we have suffered badly with this in the past. The most cost-effective option is to get a recommendation from Welhat who use a number of contractors since they outsourced this area a few years ago. I am going to IM you with the name and number of the Welhat  contractors who sorted out our drainage problem last time and who charged 1/4 of the price quoted by a well-known commercial company.

Good luck!!

Offline Bob Horrocks

• Opinions on everything
  • Expertises:
  • Green Belt
  • Parish Council
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 02:56:15 pm »
If the blockage is in the street then I would have thought you should contact Veolia about it. 

My next door neighbour has to dubious honour to have a collection point under a manhole (person hole?  >:D) in his back garden into which several drains merge (including ours).  A drain pipe then goes to join the main sewer under the street.  A blockage happened between that collection point in his back garden and the street.  Veolia cleared it eventually - grease etc and possibly some building materials flushed down the drain caused it to block.  Fingers crossed, it has been OK since then.

Offline Angel

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on most things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 03:46:41 pm »
If the blockage is in the street then I would have thought you should contact Veolia about it. 

My next door neighbour has to dubious honour to have a collection point under a manhole (person hole?  >:D) in his back garden into which several drains merge (including ours).  A drain pipe then goes to join the main sewer under the street.  A blockage happened between that collection point in his back garden and the street.  Veolia cleared it eventually - grease etc and possibly some building materials flushed down the drain caused it to block.  Fingers crossed, it has been OK since then.

I would have thought that too - if you ever watch things like Grimefighters where they show how they flush them out!!  One of the biggest problems are the wipes that people put down toilets and really clog things up!

Offline Ferdie

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on most things
  • BP born and bred
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 11:39:56 pm »
Veolia only provide the water supply in the area. Sewage issues in the road are the responsibility of Thames Water 08459200800

Tags: