Author Topic: Welham Green web site  (Read 3109 times)

Offline LMS

• Opinions on many things
Welham Green web site
« on: December 05, 2010, 09:29:34 am »
The Welham Green website seems to have completely died, nothing is ever done to it, no one ever replies to any questions about it. I, along with many others, use the BP site to find out about local matters, and it does say it covers North Mymms, but I know that there are many things that go on in WG that are not added to the BP site. Would it be helpful to have a separate thread for WG?
To start, there is a meeting in St Mary's School on Tue 7th Dec at 7pm to start to plan for the next 'Balloon Day' in Sept 2011 -anyone with ideas is welcome.
St Mary's school could have advertised their recent Christmas Fair, I would love to have the WG police officers add when their surgeries are in the village, and I'm sure that there are many other events that could be added.
What do others think?

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Welham Green web site
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 05:00:45 pm »
Hi LMS,

I have emailed Vince who set up the Welham Green site to see what is happening. Of couse you are more than welcome to use this site, as many in Welham Green do. This site covers all of North Mymms and neighbouring areas. When I set it up 14 years ago I named it The Brookmans Park Newsletter, but all the history, environment and walks pages cover the wider area. So please feel free to use as you see fit.  It's your site, too.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Strad

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 09:32:03 am »
The Welham Green website seems to have completely died, nothing is ever done to it, no one ever replies to any questions about it.

I did try to contact the site earlier this year through this web site and David Brewer did tweet the the Guy who runs the W.G. site. (See earlier posts).
It seems as though having set the site up the organiser has completely lost interest. If that is the case, why not say so and let someone else run the site (if anyone can be found to do it).
As you say LMS there are things going on in Welham Green that could be advertised and when doing an internet search, the Brookmans Park isn't the obvious place to look (excellent though it is)for W.G. events.
Come on Vince do something about updating the site or at least get help if you haven't got the time.

Offline LMS

• Opinions on many things
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 09:53:50 am »
I know that I certainly don't have the knowlegde or the time to run a separate website, and as David says the BP site  is for the whole of North Mymms.
I was just wondering if it would be possible to have a separate Welham Green thread, so it would be easy to post & find information relating to WG.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 04:42:38 pm »
I know that I certainly don't have the knowlegde or the time to run a separate website, and as David says the BP site  is for the whole of North Mymms.
I was just wondering if it would be possible to have a separate Welham Green thread, so it would be easy to post & find information relating to WG.

Sure, can do, leave it with me.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 05:32:37 pm »
As requested, we now have a new category of the forum for posts specifically to do with Welham Green. I have moved this thread to the new category to start it off. Of course all residents of Welham Green are welcome to post in all the other threads, too.

Tags: