Author Topic: Suggested common hashtag for all Brookmans Park related tweets  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Suggested common hashtag for all Brookmans Park related tweets
« on: December 02, 2010, 05:11:02 pm »
I have been adding the hashtag #brookmanspark to many local tweets, but it's too long. Going to try #brookyp instead. If you are tweeting local news please add the tag #brookyp so we can follow.

And please don't lose any sleep if you don't know what the hell I am on about.

:icon_jokercolor:
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Silver

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Re: Suggested common hashtag for all Brookmans Park related tweets
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 06:32:02 pm »
Allright, David, I put my hand up and admit I am one of those you are referring to in your last sentence!
For those of us who do not tweet, could you explain the point of having all the forum messages in the middle column
repeated in twitter form down the left hand side? Surely the space could be used for something else??

Offline Silver

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 06:35:54 pm »
OK, before you all jump on me I meant the right hand side!

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 06:41:07 pm »
Surely the space could be used for something else??

What would you suggest?
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 09:00:36 pm »
Allright, David, I put my hand up and admit I am one of those you are referring to in your last sentence!
For those of us who do not tweet, could you explain the point of having all the forum messages in the middle column repeated in twitter form down the left hand side? Surely the space could be used for something else??

Hi Silver, fair point (and I certainly won't jump on you). Actually, they are not just repeats.  I tweet some of the forum threads to encourage others (who may use twitter) to join in. However, there are a lot of tweets and retweets (of other messages that may have a local relevance) in the automated Twitter feed on the right.

The thing is that, in the past, a couple of us struggled to come up with a fresh news story about local issues each week.  That seemed pointless when there are people busily posting local stories and others tweeting them. So I tried to lay it out so we get the benefit of both; the stories you post about in the forum and those others tweet about.

Both are valid and both have a home on the front, and, at times, it seems worthwhile cross promoting both by tweeting forum threads and starting forum threads about tweets. Best of both worlds really, available to all regardless of which world you are most comfortable in.

david
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Tags: