Author Topic: 4X4: To be or not to be  (Read 113233 times)

Offline larrylamb

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
Re: 4X4: To be or not to be
« Reply #240 on: November 24, 2011, 07:08:15 pm »
Lucky Duck, have you been reading the Sun today?
people choose their type of transport based on their needs, how you can make the conection between bad driving and the transmission of the vehicle is quite astounding. Brookmans ave, Moffats lane, Georges wood road are generally impassable when we have heavy snow, unless you have a 4 x 4, what are we to do hitch up with a young farmer under your rationale?

i think you will find that most 4 x 4's manufacturers aim their products exactly at the people who drive them women etc, as for the crash testing, well quite frankly you do not know what you are talking about.

I dont read rubbish like that! I take it you are one of those drivers i spoke about. There is a very easy connection as most of the bad drivers ive seen are in 4x4's. I dont know if you have noticed but they do make winter tyres and snow socks for vehicles now! Yes manufactures do because thats there biggest buyer. Silly women who cant drive 4x4's. And quite frankly you are wrong. I no quite alot about the vehicle industry.

Regards

words fail me.

[Note: edited to fix error in the use of the quote box]
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 02:01:55 am by David Brewer »

Offline Therock

• Member of the Brookmans Park Newsletter Forum
« Reply #241 on: November 24, 2011, 07:15:11 pm »
Mr  or Mrs Lucky Ducky,  There is nothing wrong with the SUN newspaper or 4x4 Vehicles. I bet that you are One of the First people on the Phone to the AA or RAC  when you get stuck asking them to send the Old 4x4 to pull you OUT.

Long Live the 4x4 you need it round here. I suggest you sell your old Banger and invest in a 4x4 it will make a BIG difference to your Life. And if you give me your number, I will give you a call when I get stuck in the Snow, and you can give me a TOW. By the way page 3 in the Sun is Lovely Jubily. Better than the TIMES. 

Offline larrylamb

• Forum Member
« Reply #242 on: November 24, 2011, 07:41:27 pm »
Mr  or Mrs Lucky Ducky,  There is nothing wrong with the SUN newspaper or 4x4 Vehicles. I bet that you are One of the First people on the Phone to the AA or RAC  when you get stuck asking them to send the Old 4x4 to pull you OUT.

Long Live the 4x4 you need it round here. I suggest you sell your old Banger and invest in a 4x4 it will make a BIG difference to your Life. And if you give me your number, I will give you a call when I get stuck in the Snow, and you can give me a TOW. By the way page 3 in the Sun is Lovely Jubily. Better than the TIMES. 
Mr the Rock, until you put your glasses on i bet you thought mr lucky ducky was one of your special friends.......

Offline LuckyDuck

• Opinions on some things
« Reply #243 on: November 24, 2011, 07:51:19 pm »

I happen to like 4x4's. Its not so much the 4x4 its the people behind them. If it was not so much a  "chelsea tractor" fad by mums on the school run, (im guessing you are one) the the 4x4's wouldnt be such i death trap. 01707 in your dreams.
Are you old enough to be on this forum? They do say the sun has the average reading age of 7 years old.

Offline E the T

• Forum Member
« Reply #244 on: November 24, 2011, 09:07:03 pm »
Luckyduck  I am genuinely shocked.  "As the crash testing is not as stringent as main stream car testing. So false security there". What are you basing this on?

Offline LuckyDuck

« Reply #245 on: November 24, 2011, 09:31:03 pm »
Luckyduck  I am genuinely shocked.  "As the crash testing is not as stringent as main stream car testing. So false security there". What are you basing this on?

You can check euroncap whos test all vehicles. For instance nissan navara scord 1 out of 5 Bad for safety for a child passanger and for pedestrains, it was recalled. Most 4x4's only protect an adult driver. Not passangers or pedestrains.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #246 on: November 25, 2011, 02:06:57 am »
Message to Lucky Ducky and larrylamb, I have had to fix two of your entries - numbers 22 and 23 - because you did not use the quote box function correctly. This is a common problem - it can take some getting used to. For those who find it difficult, here is a reminder about how to use the quote box function properly.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #247 on: November 25, 2011, 02:11:34 am »
I have split the 4x4 discussion from the thread about general driving standards and merged it with an existing 4x4 thread which has been running on the site since 2004. No posts have been removed or lost.

Note: Please do not discuss the splitting of this thread here - it could distract from the original discussion. I have started a thread about forum maintenance and you are welcome to discuss such edits there.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 02:27:25 am by David Brewer »
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Therock

« Reply #248 on: November 25, 2011, 02:21:20 pm »
My Dear  Lucky Ducky, I have veiwed your previous comments, and I have decided that you are correct in what you say. So as from tommorow I am ditching  "THE SUN" and will revert to a paper of higher standars "THE STAR".  I may put my 4x4 up for sale and get myself a little runaround and I have seen a nice HUMMER for sale, Hope this does not cause to many problems for my fellow road users. Thanks for your advice  LUCKY!

Offline LuckyDuck

« Reply #249 on: November 25, 2011, 03:42:12 pm »
Your welcome! I would say though that a hummer although a nice looking vehicle isnt very practicle unless you lived in the us and dont mind only getting about 5miles to a full tank. Run arounds are awsome. After being in the audi r8 i would want to change my vehicle.  ;D

Offline Therock

« Reply #250 on: November 25, 2011, 06:29:32 pm »
As regards the Petrol for my  Future Hummer, That will be paid for By THE BANK, a few little adverts on the side advertising the my Ban, And the Old expense account comes into fruition.  So wether it be 8 miles to the gallon or the turbo version 6 miles per gallon WHO CARES, Im not paying for it The Bankers  are..

Offline Bedlam

« Reply #251 on: November 25, 2011, 10:17:22 pm »
So whether it be 8 miles to the gallon or the turbo version 6 miles per gallon WHO CARES,

Anything to warm up the planet and stave off a cold winter gets my vote.  :icon_jokercolor:

Offline jet

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #252 on: December 06, 2011, 04:46:23 pm »
Has anyone seen the South park episode where everyone gets Hybrid cars aand the SMUG level increases to danger levels so they have to be scrapped?

Offline larrylamb

• Forum Member
« Reply #253 on: December 06, 2011, 07:38:30 pm »
thats funny! - have to say i towed a prius up GWR this time last year in the snow in my 4 x 4 and all i got was a begrudging grunt for my trouble!

Tags: