Author Topic: A very loud motor bike.  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Little Miss Elaine Moffat

• Opinions on some things
A very loud motor bike.
« on: September 27, 2010, 07:00:43 pm »
Over the last months, I have been woken / disturbed at 6.30am Monday to Friday by an inconsiderate youth on a very loud motor bike.

In addition, my 9 month old  granddaughter is woken and then I have a problem of pacifying her.

He revs the bike to max as he drives at least 100 yards to the junction of Bluebridge Road, then accelerates towards Potters Bar, the exhaust can be  heard until the bike is out of eye  sight.

The youth lives in a road very close to the station (not wishing to expose the youth’s identity or address).

Can I suggest that if this person is reading this post, please have some consideration for your neighbors as well as the environment that we all have to share.

Don't rev the guts out of your bike.

Thank you

Offline Aloo

• Opinions on many things
Re: A very loud motor bike.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 09:07:15 am »
Once unintended consequence of the bridge closure is that some people are using the Station Road to ride extremely noisy small motorbikes dangerously down the middle of the road, (no helmets).  I suspect they are doing a circuit via Welham Green and Bradmore.     I've seen this twice now, where are the police??

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
Re: A very loud motor bike.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 10:01:20 am »
I've seen this twice now, where are the police??

Have you told the police? Have others? Without a pattern of days and times I don't see exactly what the police could do about it. If they had a permanent 24/7 stake out in the road hoping to catch them I am sure some would be moaning about such a waste of resources when they should be concentrating on parking/speeding/mobile phones whilst driving/antisocial behaviour in village centres etc etc
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Tags: