Author Topic: Magazine drop  (Read 3609 times)

Offline Birch

• Opinions on many things
  • I am God (no really!)
Magazine drop
« on: December 16, 2002, 03:01:34 pm »
Yesterday, I noted a boy delivering something to my front door.  Half an hour later I went to the front door expecting to see something poking out of the letterbox, but there wasn't.

I opened the door and there on my doorstep was a sodden piece of papier mache that had once been Chancellors School magazine.  I didn't pick it up as it was so wet, so left it on my doorstep where my husband just put it out with the rubbish later on in the evening.

What was wrong with putting it through my clearly visible letterbox?  It's a waste of time and effort and presumably others in my street had the same.

Birch

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
Re: Magazine drop
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2002, 04:42:09 pm »
Have replied privately to Birch - if anyone else has had this problem, please let me know.

This is nothing to do with Chancellors PTA - as the (voluntary) Chancellors Newsletter team do not have enough distributors, they normally ask the scouts to deliver any magazines that they cannot deliver by their own means, which the scouts do as part of their community service. I will be having words....

James
« Last Edit: December 16, 2002, 04:59:31 pm by James_Bentall »
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Offline jet

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2002, 02:21:23 am »
Although this may not be the case, I would comment that as someone who has done some leaflet dropping in B.P. that a lot of letter boxes are either low down and backbreaking to reach, poorly designed, poorly positioned and some resemble powerfull man traps for "the fingers". A few cannot be readilly found. If I was a postperson around here I would not be best pleased. In some instances I have taken the view that if people make it that hard, then i cannot be bothered.
Well done the scouts for even bothering to help freely.
End of rant,
regards,
jet,
and as for b****y dogs lurking in wait >:( >:( >:( >:( plus the occassional attack cat :) :) :) :)

Offline Alfred the Great

• Opinions on many things
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2002, 11:17:17 pm »
Sorry, can't resist it, must tell you about my mis-spent youth when I had a paper round.

There was a row of newish houses with mainly glass front doors and a nice big letter box in the middle. If I knew the occupiers were out (which was not unusual as this was a free paper which I used to deliver in the evenings) I used to push the folded paper a little way through, then whack it as hard as I could with another rolled up paper. I could then look through the letter box and see the paper had landed in the kitchen at the other end of their hallway! I'd love to have seen their faces when they came home ("how did this get here.....").

I do also remember the wild dogs who used to snatch the papers out of your hand - but I used to have a tug of war with them and get them really mad. Ah, the sound of tearing paper.....

And the really good part of my round compared with my friend's was that about one third of my papers had to go into an OAPs block of flats - one per door. Used to do a third of the round in about ten minutes flat. Would have taken a bit longer in BP though, with loooooooooooong driveways.

ATG
« Last Edit: December 17, 2002, 11:18:13 pm by Alfred_the_Great »
Confucius he say "a dog is for life not just for Christmas Dinner"

Tags: