Linked Events

• Village Day - Brookmans Park: June 19, 2010

Author Topic: Brookmans Park Village Day  (Read 10580 times)

Offline Helen

• Opinions on many things
Brookmans Park Village Day
« on: April 23, 2010, 12:32:23 pm »
After the success of last year’s Village Day, we have a lot to live up to in this, the 51st year! The date is Saturday 19th June & more details about what will be happening on the day will be posted nearer the time.

Suffice to say that football will be featuring heavily in the afternoon’s activities with our theme ‘World United’ drawing on both the footballing and multinational aspects of this summer’s World Cup.

So please, put the date in your diaries – the fancy dress parade kicks off at 12.45pm from the village green & gates open at 1pm.

We would of course also love to hear from people who may like to be involved on the day, or who could help by donating any raffle or auction prizes or by sponsoring a stall! Please IM me if you’re interested or email me at villagedaycommittee@googlemail.com.

Many thanks,

Helen Coffer
On behalf of the Village Day Committee
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:36:30 pm by John Fraser »

Offline ADM

• Forum Moderator
  • Member of the Brookmans Park Newsletter Forum
Re: Brookmans Park Village Day
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 02:36:44 pm »
Group E (Durban) Netherlands vs Japan (13:30)

Maybe a stall selling Dutch cheese and sushi?

Offline Helen

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 02:29:09 pm »
Just over 3 weeks to go & it's time to let you know what attractions we've got lined up for this year's Village Day! Local mum & actress Amanda Abbington will be leading the 'World United' themed fancy dress parade from the village green at 12.45.

Gates then open at 1pm & as well as the old favourites such as Crazy Kitchen, Beat the Goalie and all the usual stalls, we have some new attactions. These include:
·   Flag face painting/tattoos
·   Buzz wire
·   ‘Walk on Water’ balls - giant hamster balls which are great fun & sure to be a hit so arrive early for a go! I've attached a photo - don't worry, you'll stay completely dry so no change of clothes is necessary!!

Offline Helen

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 02:40:23 pm »
There will also be 5-a-side football, a bouncy castle & slide, BBQ & licensed bar plus many other attractions.

Following the success of the grand prize draw & live auction in previous years we are in the process of gathering donations for this year. Once again, we have been offered some great prizes & will publish a full list once it is finalised.

We very much hope that you will be able to make it on Saturday 19th June but if not there is always a chance to buy raffle tickets or bid for aution items beforehand.

Thank you once again to all the local people & businesses who have offered prizes & their time - we are immensely grateful & could not do it without you!

Helen Coffer
On behalf of the 2010 Village Day Committee

PS: To ADM - so we'll put you down for a pitch to sell "ADM's Edam" then shall we??!  ;)

Offline Helen

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 06:41:15 pm »
Well, Village Day is almost upon us & as usual we’ll be holding our Grand Prize Draw raffle & our live auction.

And what fabulous items we have this year! We have just received from our very own Bob Wilson & the Willow Foundation, a limited edition print of Wembley Stadium during the 1966 World Cup, signed by none other than the 2 Knights of the Realm, Sir Geoff Hurst & Sir Bobby Charlton! Bob says that this is a one-off – not available anywhere else.

Some of the other fantastic prizes include a flight over the local area in a Russian Yak 52, an acoustic guitar, a DVD box set of The Office signed by Martin Freeman, a Spurs hospitality day with Gary Mabbutt & a complete estate planning service (including wills, trusts etc) worth an estimated £1,500!

As for the Grand Prize Draw, raffle prizes include dinner at Westlodge Park Hotel, 3 months’ gym membership at DHC Potters Bar & a £50 meal voucher at Brookmans.

In the next day or so we’ll be putting the full list of prizes on our PTA website so I’ll stick a link on here once it’s done in case anyone’s interested in having a browse.

If you fancy bidding for any of the items, please IM me with your bid – we can accept bids up to 5pm on Friday 18th June. Likewise, if you want to support the school by buying raffle tickets, these will be for sale for £1 each at the Information Tent at Village Day next Saturday. If you can’t make it to Village Day but would still like to buy raffle tickets, again please IM me.

I know I’ve said it before (& will probably say it again!) but thank you to everyone who has supported Village Day! Now all we need to worry about is the weather…!

Helen Coffer

On behalf of the 2010 Village Day Committee

Offline Helen

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 02:49:42 pm »
Following my post yesterday, the link to raffle & auction prizes is http://sites.google.com/site/brookmanspta/village-day

Cheers!

Helen

Offline Helen

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 10:41:31 am »
We have just had confirmation of a last minute auction prize - a champagne reception for two people with Sir Roger Moore at the former Chelsea Barracks next Thursday (24th June) from 6.30-8.30pm. It showcases 'the best of the best' from around the world. The winner will be able to covet the best wines, fine art, classic cars etc. Faberge & Bugatti are just two of the exhibits. The auction will be held at around 3pm tomorrow so come along & bid!

Helen

Offline Helen

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 07:40:23 am »
Just a quick reminder that it's Village Day today!

I hope very much that many of you will be able to come along & support our school & our charities. We've had a number of bids in for the auction via email (thanks for that!) & the school kitchen is full of delicious-looking cakes that the children brought in yesterday. Remember, the children's fancy dress parade kicks off from the village green at 12.45.

Although we were rained off yesterday when we were setting up, today the sun is shining so let's hope that it continues!!

Thanks everyone & hope to see you there later!

Helen

Offline Helen

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 09:32:54 am »
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to everyone who supported us yesterday, despite gales, drizzle & freezing temperatures!!! Someone even said he saw a flash of lightning during the afternoon!
Despite the rather disappointing weather, the children seemed to have had a ball - literally - with the hamster balls, beat-the-goalie & 5-a-aside football proving very popular, along with the obstacle course which the children seemed to love!

Thank you to all the stallholders who braved the weather to give us yet another successful Village Day & to everyone who has been involved - we couldn't do it without you!

Helen

PS: Raffle & auction winners will be contacted next week.

Offline Aloo

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 01:04:17 pm »
Photos in this weeks Welwyn Hatfield Times print edition - cna't see anything on their website unfortunately

Offline Aloo

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 01:55:33 pm »
Someone must have been listening

Photos now up on WelHat Times web site:

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/news/brookmans_park_village_day_1_467454?ot=archant.ArchantPageLayout.ot

Offline Helen

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 08:00:31 pm »
Thanks Tumbliboo - I'm hoping to get some photos on here next week too.

Offline Helen

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 06:45:12 pm »
I have put some photos online - they will be available in the 'gallery' section within the next few days but in the meantime you can view them by clicking on the following link:

http://brookmansparkpta2010.fotopic.net

Offline Helen

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 10:00:36 pm »
In case anyone's wondering why they can't get into the link, it's because there was an overload of traffic looking at the photos this morning & the website apparently couldn't cope!  ::) Things have now hopefully been sorted & it should be up & running again in 24 hours.

Tags: