Author Topic: A warm welcome from your new ward PC  (Read 5400 times)

Offline PC 2192 ROLL

• Opinions on some things
A warm welcome from your new ward PC
« on: April 12, 2010, 04:25:48 pm »
Hello residents, I am PC 2192 Nick ROLL and I have joined the Safer Neighbourhood Team at Hatfield Police Station. I am delighted to have been given the post of looking after and overseeing the policing for Brookmans Park and the Little Heath area. I took over on the 1st of March 2010 and have so far been very grateful for the warm response that I have recieved from the local residents and shop keepers.

I have immediately set to task (as one of my many priorities) the speeding issues that have unfortunately been plaguing the Bluebridge Road area of Brookmans Park and the constant speeding outside the Newgate street village school, by recieving Laser (speed gun) training that will be utilised imminently.

I will however, make no apologies for anyone who is caught exceeding the speed limit, as they will be dealt with positively and robustly and may be subjected to penalty points and a 60 fine (or in extreme cases, summonsed to court) should I catch them speeding on any given day! My intentions are not to punish anyone who lives on my beat but if you're speeding, your breaking the law! This has obviously been a generic problem that always seems to be overlooked, so I aim to start making the residents of Brookmans Park safer with the help of the equipment and training that I have been given, to hopefully help you!  :)

I am also trying to tackle the surrounding issues of parking along Bradmore Green outside the school. Now the weather is changing for the better (fingers crossed), in the busy times of school drop offs and pick ups, PLEASE could parents start walking thier children to school wherever possible. I really do understand that this on occasions, will not be possible, but to help the fellow residents of your local community get there wish of not having thier properties damaged, or grass verges ruined, they would like to be able to come and go as they please.

I hope that you will all be pleased with my efforts to make your local area safer, and I know it is a bit of an old cliche, but help me to help you!  :)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: A warm welcome from your new ward PC
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 07:42:37 pm »
Hi Nick,

Sorry for the belated welcome.

Great to have a local bobby engaging with the local community in this way, and thanks for trying to do something about the speeding.

However, I hear you are about to leave us.  Is that true?  And, if so, when?

Can anything be done to reverse that decision?  We have had five - yes FIVE - PCs in 18 months. Each, like you has tried their best to engage with the local community through this site's forum. And we welcome that. But we need continuity.

What can we, as local residents, do in order to keep you a bit longer.

David

The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline ADM

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on many things
  • Member of the Brookmans Park Newsletter Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 11:09:50 am »
He's like one of those cross-channel ferries - roll-on roll-off. :icon_jokercolor:

Offline Aloo

• Opinions on many things
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 10:01:17 am »
The Herts Policing Plan (Welwyn Hatfield Launch) is being held on the 20th May at the Council Chamber,Campus West (WGC) from 7.00 until 9.00 (refreshments at 6.30).

It's an oppportunity for local residents to go and give their views directly to the Police.

Offline PC 2192 ROLL

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 08:11:16 am »
I would just like to add that as it stands, I will be remaining in post until the end of May. I am doing my best in terms of addressing and responding to your needs, as I would very much like to remain as your local Police Constable.

Unfortunately, the decision to potentially replace me has come from much higher up the ranks as a result of staffing numbers within the Safer Neighbourhood Team at Hatfield. I shall and will continue to serve your community to the best of my ability and hopefully, just hopefully the results might stand for something come the end of May!  ;)

I shall keep you all updated as soon as I know anything different, but as another little reminder to the residents of Brookmans Park, PLEASE SLOW DOWN in the village. As I am now trained in the use of  the Laser Speed Gun, I carried out some random speed checks and AGAIN, all the guilty culprits were local residents. You know better people, you have no excuses!!

Take care and I'll see you at the May day event!  :) 

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 10:25:24 am »
Hi Nick,

Tell the powers that be that continuity is good. Five PCs in 18 months isn't. It's been good having your around.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 12:14:02 pm »
A 130-name petition urging a rethink on moving PC Nick Roll, collected by one of the shops in Brookmans Park village, has just been posted to Hatfield police station by the shop keeper concerned.

A reminder, we have had five different PCs in 18 months - and PC Roll wants to stay. He is due to move on at the end of the month.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 03:24:02 pm by David Brewer »

Offline AnneK

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 05:28:04 pm »
Oh, blast. Where was the petition? I would've liked to sign. I guess I'll have to send a postcard to Hatfield police station to take the numbers of signatories up to 131. Let the good times Roll. Sorry . . . that was execrable.

Offline PC 2192 ROLL

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 01:55:22 pm »
Hello residents, just wanted to give you a quick update with regards to my position as your local ward police constable. A huge thanks on my part goes out to yourselves for signing the pertition that was circulated by Lorraine Wheeler, as it has most certainly helped in the decision to keep me in post for the forseeable future!  :)

I shall be continuing to work as close as possible to yourselves in trying to quel the speeding problems in the village and the local issues surrounding the emergence of littering/cannabis use in Gobians Park.

Word of note; PLEASE make sure you lock your vehicles securely as I have noticed a slight increase in theft from motor vehicles which have all occurred where the vehicles have been left open. It is far too easy for offenders to carry out opportunistic crime, and if vehicles are left insecure, the chances of forensic evidence is that much slimmer.

Look forward to seeing you all on a much regular basis now, and please let me know if you have any queries and fears and I shall endeavour to help you out!

Take care and see you soon.

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 04:22:12 pm »
Good news PC Roll!! Look forward to seeing you around the village   :)

Phil_Holm

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 03:59:09 pm »
Hi All,

A little Bird has told me that PC Roll is getting married next month.  Like me, I'm sure you will want to wish him all the best for his forth coming nuptials and give him a big slap on the back when you see him, providing it's only a metaphoric slap.   ;)

Good Luck Nick.

;D

Tags: