Linked Events

• May Day Celebration: May 01, 2010

Author Topic: Brookmans Park Rotary Club May Day Celebration  (Read 5108 times)

Offline marty.c

• Opinions on some things
Brookmans Park Rotary Club May Day Celebration
« on: April 06, 2010, 11:39:37 am »
Brookmans Park Rotary Club will be organising a May Day Celebration for the second year running. It will take place on Saturday 1st May at Bradmore Green from 14.00hrs. There will be Maypole Dancing and Country Dancing by pupils from two local schools. The Rotary Club have also organised a Punch & Judy Show, Morris Dancers, Tombola, Face Painting and a variety of stalls operated by school PTAs and local organisations. Please come along and support this local community event.

Offline southbury

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
Re: Brookmans Park Rotary Club May Day Celebration
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 02:23:15 pm »
Time to get this on 'top of the board' .. I hope everyone supports this.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 11:27:59 am »
Has anyone got any pictures from yesterday that they would like to upload, perhaps with a couple of sentences on how it went?

Remember, you can add images to your post by clicking the Additional Options tab, below left, browsing to the file on your computer and uploading. Images must be no larger than 500kb. You can shrink your image by using the free, online editing tool Picnik. http://www.picnik.com/.

I will post a short tutorial on how to do this.

The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline marty.c

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 01:55:24 pm »
All the members of Brookmans Park Rotary Club would like to thank everyone that took part in the May Day Celebration yesterday. The children from Brookmans Park and Little Heath Schools provided a fantastic demonstration of Maypole and Country dancing, well done to them and their teachers. The Punch and Judy man was a great hit with the children and we will certainly invite him again next year. We would also like to thank all the stallholders who supported us and contributed to a really enjoyable afternoon. I will publish some more photos over the next day or two. We were again supported by the Hertfordshire constabulary, a big thank you to PCSO Louise Luxford and her colleagues. Thanks also to North Mymms Parish Council for giving their permission. Finally a big thank you to the weather, we were very lucky that it stayed warm and the rain held off until the evening.

Offline PCSO Luxford

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 09:30:21 pm »
It was with pleaseure that PC Nick Roll and myself attended the May Day event. I am pleased to say it is the second time I have attended and I look forward to attending next year too!  ;D
PCSO, Louise Luxford, the police community support officer for Brookmans Park and Little Heath. For non-emergencies, please calll 0845 33 00222.

Tags: