General Discussion Boards > Transport

Parking issues, solutions, action and fines in Brookmans Park

(1/171) > >>

aqueous transmission:
It came to my attention last thursday (29th) morning (11am) that whilst being driven through the village by my dad...that there was a severe lack of parking. My dad wished to park up and quickly nip into Meyer's to buy a copy of the Daily Mail...alas there was nowhere to park. every space was filled with a vehicle of some sort. Ironically, the one space that looked empty then revealed a previously hidden motot scooter!

So we had to return home where my dad then took a walk down to the village which is no problem at all.

It just got me thinking about other places that could be converted into parking in the village. Possibly the streach of pavement spanning from the petshop to the dry cleaners. Could this possibly be turned into the style of parking places seen outside Alldays. as i remember this used to be a layby-style affair a few years ago before they re-modeled it.

what do all you motorists think? seeing as currently i am only a provisional motorist, and therefore an onlooker in this situation.

just an idea,
                   aqueous, future driver and user of the village

James Bentall:
Haven't you answered your own question?

--- Quote ---So we had to return home where my dad then took a walk down to the village which is no problem at all.
--- End quote ---

If everyone else did that, we wouldn't be needing all the parking spaces anyway :)

--- Quote ---Possibly the streach of pavement spanning from the petshop to the dry cleaners.
--- End quote ---

People do park on this section of pavement anyway - there's a lowered bit of the kerb off the layby outside Kurma which you can get onto it by.

James

Mallow:
Yes I agree with James, but if walking in the first place in not an option, how about using the car park - or am I just being silly?  There is room for about 100 cars and it is no more than 100 yds from the village shops.

Just a thought! :)

Birch:
What car park and where?

Birch

Mallow:
The car park is near the station - sometimes known as the station car park.  It is in fact council land and not Railtrack, hence why it is free to park there.  There is an ongoing debate, I am told, between Railtrack and the council as to who should provide CCTV.  Railtrack say no because it is nothing to do with them. The council say it not a station car park.  Hear say - not my words.

Regards,

M

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version