Author Topic: Power Surge?  (Read 2289 times)

Offline awill

• Opinions on some things
Power Surge?
« on: July 09, 2009, 10:37:44 pm »
I got home this evening (Peplins Way) to discover my broadband had disconnected and, more seriously, my Sky + box was totally dead. I am wondering if anyone else in the area has suffered the mysterious demise of an electronic item today - I might then begin to suspect a power surge. Thankfully (and you can guess this from my ability to post this message), my computer is fine!

Offline sasquartch

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
Re: Power Surge?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 11:20:40 am »
I am in Peplins and have not noticed any problems. As far as I know all of the Peplins Way / Bradmore Way area is served by the substation at the top of the linkway so it seems strange no-one else is affected if it's a problem with the supply.

It's possible of course that your Sky box died of it's own accord and your broadband disconnected for some other reason which wouldn't be that unusual.

You could call EDF and see if they have any record of anything.

Offline awill

• Opinions on some things
Re: Power Surge?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 02:16:35 pm »
I suspect you are right - has provided me with an excuse to upgrade to Sky HD for 49 quid (and having originally quoted me 65 quid to have the old Sky + box repaired or replaced with a refurbished model they then offered to swap it for free for a refurbished model as I was taking Sky HD - I have multi-room). Not sure I really need Sky + in my bedroom but you never know....

Tags: