Author Topic: Theft From Motor Vehicle  (Read 2880 times)

Offline PCSO Luxford

• Opinions on some things
Theft From Motor Vehicle
« on: May 26, 2009, 02:38:26 pm »
Over the past two weeks, there have been three seperate incidents of cars being left unlocked overnight and items being taken from them.  All these could have been prevented if the owners had checked the vehicles before leaving them.  There is obviously a person/people going round Brookmans Park looking for unlocked vehicles.  Sat Navs and cash have been stollen and in every case the vehicle doors have been left open and the glove compartment left open.

Please do not make life easy for the offenders and ensure you lock your vehicle when leaving it.  It is a simple mistake to make,  but please do not make yourself a target.  Keep safe.
PCSO, Louise Luxford, the police community support officer for Brookmans Park and Little Heath. For non-emergencies, please calll 0845 33 00222.

Offline P.C 484 Freeman

• Opinions on some things
  • Community Police Team
Re: Theft From Motor Vehicle
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 10:17:26 pm »
Hello,

Just to back up what Louise has posted.  During regular patrols around Brookmans Park and surrounding area's I am still coming across vehicles left by the side of the road, or in driveways that have windows wide open, sunroof's open and sometimes unlocked completely.  Often these cars have valuables on display.

Please do not make it easy for criminals - If I can walk up and see valuables in your unlocked car - So can they!

I understand that due to the recent lovely hot weather that people like to have windows etc open during their journeys, but please take extra care at the end of your journey to make your property safe.  Never leave anything on display, and always lock your vehicle.

Regards
P.C Ross Freeman

Tags: