Author Topic: The Queen visits RVC  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Mallow

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
The Queen visits RVC
« on: October 31, 2003, 12:11:39 am »
As a local resident of the Vet College we got a note through the door saying the local bus service to the college was suspended on 30th October.  No one said why.  I just happened to take the day off work and was lucky enough to see the Queen and Prince Phillip leaving the RVC for a very short Bentley ride to the playing field where their helicoptor was waiting.  A small group of about 15 local residents waited in the rain to catch a very close up view of them both.

Strangely, the last time I saw The Queen in the flesh was as a very small child many years ago when she was on her way to open the RVC.  I waved my union jack as she passed under the railway bridge in Potters Bar.

We wondered why a police car kept patroling to the closed end of Hawkshead Lane all day long.  It seems to have been kept very quiet although the police in flack jackets in the unmarked police car in the layby at the top of Hawkshead Lane was a bit of a give away.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

Tags: